• 2 Post By Kubla
  • 2 Post By Betta132
  • 2 Post By clownplanted
  • 2 Post By johnson18

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Snake ID ?

I found this snake in my garage last night . I think it's a Python of some sort , Can anyone ID him ? Thanks in advance .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sneaky.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	792753  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 03:18 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
Where do you live?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RAOK Club #24
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 06:34 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Would have to have far more info to begin to really get a good ID, in most cases unless it is some really common type kept as pets.
Native or do you feel it has escaped? Does it have the marks of venomous or what makes you think python?

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 07:30 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
As others have said, knowing where you live would help considerably. If I had to guess I'd go with a Children's Python. If that's what it is they are generally pretty docile and make decent pets.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 08:12 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Id say childrens python is a good guess.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 11:54 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (15/100%)
Inland carpet python?
Do you live in Australia?
If not it's an escaped pet.

Growing is not that difficult.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 12:46 AM
Planted Tank Guru

If you still have it and don't live in its native habitat, call around to see if there's an exotic pet store in the area that will hold onto it and may know who owns it.

My current project, a 65 gallon aquarium stocked with vernal pool fauna.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 01:07 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (12/100%)
Yech! Only thing worse than a snail is a snake. I suggest moving to a cold climate. If I walked up on that, I would have to do a potty check. The horror of it all.

A paranoid shrimp keeper, is a successful shrimp keeper.
10G Orange Rili
10G Orange Neo
10G Green Jade
10G Carbon Rili
10G Blue Dream
38G Red Cherry
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 02:26 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)
I'd much rather have snakes than rats.
johnson18 and johnson18 like this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 04:55 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Same. Snakes just creep around and maybe bite you if you surprise them. Rats gnaw everything, eat your food, infest your house, bring you fleas, and pee on literally everything they run across. I like rats, they're incredibly intelligent and highly adaptable animals, but you do not want them in your property.
johnson18 and johnson18 like this.

My current project, a 65 gallon aquarium stocked with vernal pool fauna.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 03:42 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)
Definitely a Children's Python, kept and bred them for a while

Too many tanks, never enough plants...
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 03:36 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Itís a childrens python for sure. Really docile. I love snakes. Less than 10% of snakes are poisonous and even those will leave you alone unless cornered and threatened. They are so vital to keeping rodent populations down people just donít realize how important they are and would just have them eradicated.

sharkbunnie and sharkbunnie like this.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 05:50 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clownplanted View Post
I love snakes. Less than 10% of snakes are poisonous and even those will leave you alone unless cornered and threatened.

LOL. I would guess the number of poisonous snakes is much lower than that. You can eat almost any of them.

The number of venomous snakes might be less than 10% though.

Venomous versus poisonous is a HUGE difference.

Living in a place where rattlesnakes are everywhere I hear people make this error constantly. It drives me nuts.

JeremyM and JeremyM like this.

RAOK Club #24
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-30-2017, 05:55 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson18 View Post
LOL. I would guess the number of poisonous snakes is much lower than that. You can eat almost any of them.

The number of venomous snakes might be less than 10% though.

Venomous versus poisonous is a HUGE difference.

Living in a place where rattlesnakes are everywhere I hear people make this error constantly. It drives me nuts.

Meant venomous. You can eat for example a rattle snake even though it is venomous. My grammar mistake lol.

Use to catch diamondback rattlesnakes by hand as a teenager all the time. Never hurt or killed them though understanding their and other snake importance even as a kid. Even kept a green anaconda as a kid till it started getting to big then gave away to someone that could care for it.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode