Seachams New Line of Ferts "Aquavitro" - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-24-2017, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hey guys, so recently I went to my amazing LFS store Bluefish Aquarium in Grandville, and I noticed a new shelf of ferts by Seacham. Now in their new line of dosing, they have 7 different bottles, all which do different things, and so far I don't think they are sold online. You have to find a vendor for most of them. I picked up the following, please keep an eye on the last one a second I have never heard of dosing fatty acids. Let me know if I am on the right track when it comes to dosing.

-Premier
premier? is a conditioner specifically designed for the planted aquarium. It removes chlorine and chloramines. premier? is non-acidic and will not impact pH. Use at start-up and whenever adding or replacing water.

premier? is a concentrated solution of potassium thiosulfate which removes both chlorine and chloramines. Although a thiosulfate-based conditioner is not recommended for saltwater aquaria because of the ammonia produced when it reacts with chloramines, it is perfect for the planted aquarium. The ammonia produced from chloramine by premier? is predominantly in the ammonium form, and is thus rapidly scavenged by plants*.

K20------5.6%

-Synthesis
synthesis? is a concentrated (32,000 mg/L N) nitrogen source. synthesis? is unique in that it provides nitrogen in all three forms. Approximately 50% of the nitrogen in synthesis? is derived from an organic source (urea), while the remaining nitrogen splits at about 25% each from nitrate and ammoniacal sources.

When used with aquavitro's phosphorus supplement, activate?, at the same dose (7 mL/250 US gallons) both products provide nitrogen and phosphorus in a 5:1 N:P ratio.

N------3%

Propel

propel? is a concentrated (10,000 mg/L) source of ferrous iron. This ferrous iron is a mixture of readily available and time-released iron.

If iron is provided in the ferric form (Fe3+) then it must be reduced by the plant to the ferrous form (Fe2+) before it can be utilized. This process of conversion (known as reduction) requires the plant to expend physiological energy. propel? provides iron already in the ferrous form thus enhancing iron utilization. In addition, propel? contains a reducing agent that helps convert any iron present (such as iron from substrate) into the ferrous form.

Fe----1%

-Envy
envy? is a comprehensive carbohydrate, vitamin, amino acid, and polyunsaturated fatty acid supplement that addresses the micro and trace nutritional requirements of plants. envy? contains ascorbic acid in a base of chlorella that contains a rich assortment of amino acids and vitamins.

Chlorella is a unique algae that grows in fresh water. It is extremely high in enzymes, vitamins and minerals, including the full vitamin-B Complex. It is over-flowing with unsaturated fatty acids, amino acids, and proteins. There are also vitamins found in Chlorella including: Vitamin C, pro-vitamin A (B-carotene), thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), pyridoxine (B6), niacin, pantothenic acid, folic acid, Vitamin B12, biotin, choline, Vitamin K, lipoic acid, and inositol. Minerals in Chlorella include: phosphorus, calcium, zinc, iodine, magnesium, iron, and copper. It contains a higher level of amino acids than spirulina and is FDA approved for use with ornamental fish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ... View Post
"Now in their new line of dosing, they have 9 different bottles, all which do different things,"
1 thing: costs more money
2nd thing: same effect as every other fertilizer
3rd thing: not worth the expensive cost and the 9 different bottles that take up space for no reason.

Seachem is useful in specific matters, but as your every day fert, your better off with NilocG products or Aquariumfertilizers.com
It was the same price and had more to choose from.

Any other ferts anywhere in town, Seacham included. I spent two hours in here talking about ferts, pretty sure I'm good dude, thanks for the advice. Just wanted to bring some light to their new products that have done great for me so far

Quote:
Same price as? and had more to choose from as compared to?...

here is a great comparison done by Aquarium fertilizer.com
Scroll down a bit http://www.aquariumfertilizer.com/
I paid $8 per bottle at 350 ml, pretty sure I got more for cheaper than that site

Quote:
@Mrari97 I'm glad they are working for you, also don't mean to get off on the wrong foot here not trying to be rude or disrespectful. Just speaking my opinion.

I'm glad you took your time on your writing here.

To clarify, I'm not talking about "any other fertilizers in your town" ordering 1 fertilizer bottle of Thrive (I always use this as an example) is cheaper than purchasing 9 bottles of seachem that will have the same if not a lesser effect on your plants (there are no studies to prove one is greater than the other, only price differences and chemical / nutrient studies).

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrari97 View Post
I paid $8 per bottle at 350 ml, pretty sure I got more for cheaper than that site
500ml of thrive teats 2500 Gallons.
Price wise Thrive (as said, always my go to example) is cheaper than 8$ per bottle for 9 bottles, and if you add shipping to that (since most aquarists order online)
Hey, I'm always up to try new ferts! I was really sceptical at first on these as well, but when you break it down it does have some good benefits that some ferts don't have. And primarily, I skipped out on all 9, and I bought 4 that focus on nitrogen, potassium, soluble iron, carbohydrates, vitamins, amino acid, polyunsaturated fatty acid, and supplements

Quote:
Just curious now, what are those specific benefits?
I can't stay long to explain all four, why don't you jump on their site and take a look. They either took a long time to doupe people, or they have an actual interest in taking care of the hobby. Up for you to decide, I just prefer to support my local LFS than order offline.

I'll probably take your advice on ferts and add yours to my list of some on hand. I spent a lot of time in their store, and the display tank that they dosed these on every week was simply stunning red and greens with great growth, I was sold on them! The Aquavitro site explains all of them in depth under the planted section, just a reminder that it isn't flourish and it's a whole new line of dosing products
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1506275660803.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	792322  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1506275703034.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	792330  

-Mason Michalski

Last edited by Darkblade48; 09-25-2017 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 02:38 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
That is a weird opening post, where did you pull all those quotes from? Random!

I use Aquavitro in two of my tanks, the range has been around for years, stuff works well, tho on bigger thanks would become expensive, the fert range is lacking in Phosphorus tho and will probably need to be supplement , I found only using the Aquavitro range my plants developed pin holes from low levels of P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 05:40 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
When I see products that leave ammonia or urea for plant's to uptake, I consider whether they might be best used in plant only tanks (no fishes/invert's) or at very small amount while monitoring the fishes/invert's lest they become harmed.
Whether or not the acid's might lower pH and thereby render the ammonia left from chloramines in less harmful ammonium form might depend on source water used in the tank?
At pH above 7 the ammonia left from chloramines could be harmful to life therein depending on how fast the uptake by ?? plant mass is, or amount used.
Seem's to me that you are buying small % of useful nutrient's compared to amount of water.
I have used small amounts of urea in form of miracle grow and miracle grow plant spikes, but they are both covered by approx. three inches of substrate in heavily planted tanks.
As mentioned,,I would be willing to try many things in plant only tanks that I would not risk with fishes/invert's present.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode