Is this enough filtration ? - Page 2 - The Planted Tank Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 02:48 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofcards View Post
If you look at my 2nd pic. I had the intake and return on the left wall of the tank. The setup is heavily planted with that big mass in the middle. Even if I increased flow I don't think it would move the waste around from the right side. I get what your saying, but in a planted tank much more is processed in the tank as opposed to an tank with a Jack Demsey in it and no plants.

Getting back to ADA. It's true in the gallery they have a staff cleaning their tanks, etc. It is living art. But there are countless tanks that only use ADA products and it works. ADA does not sell powerheads (last I checked) nor do they sell reactors. The use in-tank glass diffusers and the plants somehow get co2 and other nutrients. It's not smoke and mirrors. ADA does sell something called a Pro Picker that removes tuffs of BBA from rocks and wood, so they do know people will get algae, but no powerheads, no reactors.
More to do with placement of the intake/ return (s) as to how well it might move particulates around from one side/end or the other.
This appears to me to be a matter of preference/aesthetics over function sometimes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 03:20 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (73/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
More to do with placement of the intake/ return (s) as to how well it might move particulates around from one side/end or the other.
This appears to me to be a matter of preference/aesthetics over function sometimes.
Yes, true. I guess the point I was making the tanks I've shown have minimum GPH/Flow and there is no deficiency or algae issues on either side of the tank.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 03:31 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
I understand and the tanks look outstanding.(truly)
My tanks save one, are all four feet long,heavily planted ,and fair amount of fauna.
Takes considerable water movement, and strategic placement of my filter returns/intakes to achieve desired result's.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode