New tank 72x24x30? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
New tank 72x24x30?

I have option to buy a brand new tank that 72x24x30, but I am thinking that 30 inches is going to be way to deep to work on, as I am only 5'11, I am thinking 24 inch tank would be better, for those of you have a tank tank what are your thoughts? I am not looking at it from light point of view, just working on tank, planting so on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 08:57 PM
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
I have a tank that's 24" tall and I'm armpit deep to reach the substrate. It's not so much height as it is arm length, since you can always use a step stool, but your arms are only so long.
That tank would be fabulous though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38 Gallon Bowfront Planted w/ Angelfish, GBR, Rummynose, Corydoras Aeneus albino, Mystery & Nerite snails
2x 5 Gallon planted with betta, Mystery & Nerite Snails
40 Gallon Breeder Planted w/ Blue Tetra
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 03:46 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
I have a 30" tall 150 gallon tank, while I love the dimensions of the tank, depth is a challenge. With 4" of substrate I still have to go shoulder deep trying to plant in the substrate. While this is just a occasional thing, general maintenance isn't so bad. Scraping glass of biofilm and algae off the back glass, corners, and other hard to get at places can be a wet ear type of day. I'm 5' 11" and have a decent reach. It's really a great depth for angel fish and discus, or for showing off species that inhabit different zones in the water column. The depth really lets those species separate. If you have the room for it, you won't regret it. It is a challenge when first setting up, but the finished product can be an amazing display. If you really want a big tank, don't be scared, invest a little work and challenge into it, but most of all enjoy what few people will ever challenge themselves to do. GO BIG OR GO HOME !!!!!!
check out this https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/8-...ight=foot+plus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
,2x75g, 55g, 40g breeder, 29g, 2x10g, 100g stock pond..........MTS ? Nahhhhhh
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Just acquired a 150g tall and a 30g long
Fraternity of dirt #135 join--->

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode