Hardscape opinions - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Hardscape opinions

Planning for a rescape of my 90g. Built a template so I could play around a bit before the real deal. Thoughts and opinions are much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 01:02 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjonesls1 View Post
Planning for a rescape of my 90g. Built a template so I could play around a bit before the real deal. Thoughts and opinions are much appreciated.

I think its awesome. You just need to figure out what plants your going to put on that guy. Really cool piece of wood.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 06:39 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

This Really is a pretty cool scape. I would say that you need to figure out how to plant some needle leaf java fern on that pile of rocks so that it looks like a mound of java fern flowing with maybe some Anubis on the rocks to fill it in. Then you could also add something like dwarf hairgrass Belem for a carpet for the rest of the tank. Wait just to Clarify, is this going to be a medium to high tech tank?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 07:24 PM
Planted Member

I just love that you made a template. This appeases my OCD.

I like it. Very simple and modern. I agree, just comes down to plants. Looks like you could have a nice BIG school of something in there which would look awesome. I'd make a nice hideaway in the rocks for my Yoyo Loach.

Bump: Although, thinking about looking at it from the left side. I imagine all sorts of poop/debris will start to accumulate between the spaces in the rocks which might become unsightly up against the glass. This is a reason I switched substrates from gravel to a finer sand. Keeps all the junk above the substrate.

- - - - - -
29g Freshwater
30" Finnex Planted+ 24/7
Fluval 206 Canister
Paintball CO2

Last edited by Kayak83; 08-04-2017 at 07:27 PM. Reason: spell check
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
This will house my current livestock of 7 discus, 3 GBR, 3 dwarf Gianni, 1 vampire pleco, 6 sterbai Cory. Thinking of adding a school of 10 or so lemon tetra (my previous school of 20 neons ended up a discus treats).

sky- yes, Im planning java fern for the rock pile, dwarf sag, and some AR mini. As well as anubia/java moss for the wood. Maybe a few stems and balanase in the back.

As far as crud accumulating in the rock pile, I've considered that as well. I'm planning to fill the voids in the rock with substrate material (flourite) as I stack them. Sound idea?

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode