2.5 Gallon Planted Aquarium Tips - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
2.5 Gallon Planted Aquarium Tips

Over the years I have had a few aquariums, all of them just normal (not planted or anything) and they were fun but I was always interested in live plants and such. Ive have this 2.5 gallon rectangle tank for a year or so and not done anything with it so i decided to turn it into a nano planted tank. The substrate im using is flourite, the plants in the back are anubias, and honestly i dont remember the species of plant in the front (maybe someone could help me out there.) The filter is a Tetra Whisper 3i, so far it is doing great keeping the tank very clear. I am also using a tetra HT10 50W heater because in a week if all goes well i'll be adding some shrimp and maybe some tiny fish if i can find some small enough to live in a 2.5 (again i could use some help there aswell.) Everything in the setup doesnt concern me at all except for the light. It is a national geographic LED track light, each led pod has 2 white and 2 blue led bulbs. I have it on a timer that runs the light for 10 hours a day. I couldnt find a light that said it promoted plant growth, so i went with this one as it was the only one small enough and seemed it would work. After 3 days the plants SEEM okay (as i am still new to this, i think they look okay.) The only other life in the tank is a tiny mystery snail that i got from my other tank. I daily put in 4-5 drops of flourish excel, since i am not using a CO2 injector. All in all i am just wondering if this setup will work in the long run and wondering if there is anything i could do to improve it. Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170731_142720[1].jpg
Views:	31
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	777137  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170731_175440[1].jpg
Views:	31
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	777145  

swag

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode