90G up and running - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 111 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 02:42 AM Thread Starter
Ibn
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (9/100%)
90G up and running

Just started up the 90G late last night and went into the early morning. Still running the same filtration that was on my 10G on it (2231 w/built in reactor)...the 2128 won't get here until the 29th . Had to move the altums home earlier today, since they didn't like the drastic changes. Also picked up lots of fish (Tony Orso order) and plants to pack it up.

Other details:
Lighting: 4x96W Hamilton
Substrate: all the peat/fluorite/playsand from old tank (1" equivalent on the 90) topped w/playsand; total substrate depth 3" all around

Inhabitants:
7 Camberellus shufeltii
1 pair Apistogramma viejita Rio-Meta
2 pair Pelvicachromis taeniatus "Nange"
Roseline sharks, Puntius denisonii...really don't want to know how many is in there

Didn't get my two pairs of A. hongsloi II .

I'll post some pics later on.

Eric

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 111 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 02:44 AM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)
Quote:
Also picked up lots of fish (Tony Orso order)
Is that the guy from Vernon, NJ? Do you still have his website?

Mike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 111 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
Ibn
Planted Tank VIP

Yeah he is. Here's the link to his website:

http://tonyorsousa.com

Eric

post #4 of 111 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 02:49 AM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)
Excellent! Once I get the Espeis out of quarantine, I will have to work on an order!

I hope you plan on some pictures of that 90G!!!

Mike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 111 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 03:00 AM Thread Starter
Ibn
Planted Tank VIP

Will soon, after I clean up the room a bit (had to rearrange the room just to get the tank in. Those roselines are awesome schoolers in numbers.

I got to see the order that my buddy did and the fish were very high quality. He picked up four species of Pelvicachromis, A. hongsloi "red-stroke", A. viejita Rio-Meta, some giant danios, and some German cardinals. The A. hongsloi II that I ordered, unfortunately didn't come in. The "red-strokes" were very nice looking, and I got to meet the guy that ordered them (both him and his wife are fish freaks ). I also only took one pair out of the two pairs of A. viejita Rio-Metas. His wife was impressed with them, and I happily offered a pair to them instead.

Eric

post #6 of 111 (permalink) Old 11-21-2004, 03:39 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Looking forward to seeing some pics!

Paul

"I'd like to think oysters transcend national barriers." - Roger Waters

Eheim Pimp Club Member #64

My old 100 Gallon SeaClear established 11/7/2004. 4 GE Daylight Ultras on IceCap VHO ballasts. 3" Eco-complete substrate. Eheim 2028, pressurized CO2, external reactor. 18 watt Turbo Twist UV.

post #7 of 111 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 12:15 AM Thread Starter
Ibn
Planted Tank VIP

Thanks, but it's gonna have to wait a few more days until I can post some pictures up. I took some last night with the Canon S410 but it came out really cruddy looking. I finally splurged on a new camera, which should arrive later this week. I'll post some pictures then, after I get used to the camera .

Man, must be that time of the year. I've been in the spending mood lately....not good...

Eric

post #8 of 111 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 12:22 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Eric, were you at the plant swap meeting today? It was my first time going to such a meeting and had a great time. Got many plants that were on my want list, very happy Now I have a tough time finding enough tank space to put them in.

Flourite, wet/dry, AHSupply 302w PC, PinPoint controller

15w T6+15w T8

40w T6 ODNO4x, no CO2. Discus grow out.
10gallon Tonina tank, 2x15w T6 ODNO 4x
---------------------
I will do aquascapes after I collect all the plant species and grow them to perfection.
post #9 of 111 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Ibn
Planted Tank VIP

No, I missed it . My mom and grandma popped in on me and I spent the day with them instead so I didn't make it. I really wanted to be there, since I needed plants for the new tank too...

Eric

post #10 of 111 (permalink) Old 11-22-2004, 01:15 AM
Wannabe Guru

oh well, the leftover plants could easily have filled a 500 gallon tank.

15w T6+15w T8

---------------------
I will do aquascapes after I collect all the plant species and grow them to perfection.
post #11 of 111 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 12:09 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
Do you guys still have some of those "left over plants"? Im setting up a 55 gal and looking to get some. I'd rather buy from a member.

post #12 of 111 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 01:59 AM
Wannabe Guru

Marc, I think all the leftovers were taken to a LFS.

15w T6+15w T8

---------------------
post #13 of 111 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 02:38 AM
Planted Tank Guru

Yes. I think there must've been over 5 lbs of plants that Jim was able to donate to a LFS in the area.

Anyone who lives in the SF bay area owes it to themselves to join the SF Bay Area Aquatic Plants Society (SFBAAPS). It's a great group of people with a whole hearted love of aquatic plants. I count myself as truely fortunate to be in this hobby in an area that has such a fantastic group of devoted hobbiests! .

The range of plants being grown successfully by bay area hobbiests eclipses the inventory of most, if not all, online plant store I've seen, and the generosity (in both knowledge as well as clippings) of the group makes every plant swap a memorable experience.

óBill

|
post #14 of 111 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 03:54 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharada
Yes. I think there must've been over 5 lbs of plants that Jim was able to donate to a LFS in the area.

Anyone who lives in the SF bay area owes it to themselves to join the SF Bay Area Aquatic Plants Society (SFBAAPS). It's a great group of people with a whole hearted love of aquatic plants. I count myself as truely fortunate to be in this hobby in an area that has such a fantastic group of devoted hobbiests! .

The range of plants being grown successfully by bay area hobbiests eclipses the inventory of most, if not all, online plant store I've seen, and the generosity (in both knowledge as well as clippings) of the group makes every plant swap a memorable experience.
Thanks guys....im glad it was a good event- i'll have to look more into it...looks like there is an event every month.

post #15 of 111 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Ibn
Planted Tank VIP

Come to the next one in December. It's gonna be at Bill's house.

Gonna make sure that I make it to this one...

Eric

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode