EcoQube C Problems - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Unhappy EcoQube C Problems

Hi, everyone! I received a brand new EcoQube C as a graduation present about a month ago (on the 14th of May), and at first, everything was going swimmingly (pun intended). My plant (basil) was growing at an incredible rate and my three aquatic animals seemed so happy.

I had a Gold Mystery Snail, a Clown Pleco, and a female Betta Fish. The Betta Fish got along really well with both pets; there were absolutely zero territorial issues. However, I went on vacation for a week and returned to find the snail and pleco floating at the top of the tank with zero signs of injury. Again, the Betta Fish was fine, despite the fact that her food had barely been touched while I was gone.

I am also a bit confused as to why BOTH the pleco AND snail were dead. I'm not suspecting the Betta, since the snail obviously has a protective shell.

I left them plenty of food (the ones specifically made for vacationing), which is why I'm a little upset. Despite having them for such a short amount of time, I had really grown to love both the snail and pleco. I loved waking up each morning to see how much they had travelled during the night. I loved how active the pleco was, especially when he was hunting for algae.

Another odd thing was the fact that the plant medium, which was growing the basil, was completely disintegrated. I was devastated.

Has anyone else had an issue with this?

Tags
betta, clown pleco, ecoqube, ecoqube c, snails

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode