Critique my For Sale craiglist ad - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By Wantsome99

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Critique my For Sale craiglist ad

I'm selling some aquarium filters on craigslist and they're not selling. Anyone feel free to look at the ad and tell me what I can improve to help them sell. Any input would be appreciated.

Is my price ok?

Do the filters look in good condition?

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong?

I even have the filters at less then half price of what I paid.

Heres the ad

Last edited by somewhatshocked; 06-18-2017 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Moderator edit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 10:24 PM
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantsome99 View Post
I'm selling some aquarium filters on craigslist and they're not selling. Anyone feel free to look at the ad and tell me what I can improve to help them sell. Any input would be appreciated.

Is my price ok?

Do the filters look in good condition?

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong?

I even have the filters at less then half price of what I paid.

Heres the ad
You would probably have more luck posting on local aquarium clubs/sites. Maybe add can be seen running upon pickup. People always worry about used products condition and most things in the aquarium hobby don't hold their value to well. I think your price is reasonable but splitting them up and selling separate would probably help maybe $70 and $50? Not to many people are looking for 2 filters at one time.

Dan

Last edited by somewhatshocked; 06-18-2017 at 12:44 AM. Reason: moderator edit
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman911 View Post
You would probably have more luck posting on local aquarium clubs/sites. Maybe add can be seen running upon pickup. People always worry about used products condition and most things in the aquarium hobby don't hold their value to well. I think your price is reasonable but splitting them up and selling separate would probably help maybe $70 and $50? Not to many people are looking for 2 filters at one time.

Dan
Thanks for the suggestion I just posted them on a local aquarium club site. I would rather sell them as a pair but I'll probably reconsider if I give it more time.
Dman911 and Dman911 like this.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 11:29 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Hmm..I have this filter (great filter), this seems like a great deal. Do you have a receipt to prove they were only purchased a month ago? Proof of purchase might help move them. I'd only be interested in one (I don't live far from the map location listed in the ad).
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 11:59 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallImSayin View Post
Hmm..I have this filter (great filter), this seems like a great deal. Do you have a receipt to prove they were only purchased a month ago? Proof of purchase might help move them. I'd only be interested in one (I don't live far from the map location listed in the ad).
I never said I purchased them a month ago. I purchased them 6 months ago but only used them for 1 month. It took me a while to set up the tank buying things here and there over time. I got the tank last summer (July) from the petco $1 per gallon sale. A couple months later (October) I bought the stand and canopy. After setting the tank up I realized it took up to much room. It also cost more for plants then I expecting so I decided to downsize. Buying the tank was kind of an impulse spend. I didn't think it through. My income was also cut so I thought it would be best to downsize. I took the tank down and sold it and the filters have just been sitting my basement since January or February. I wanted to sell them to put the money toward some plants. The bio media is still white showing how little use they've had. I think the tank barely cycled by the time I took it down.

Last edited by Wantsome99; 06-18-2017 at 12:10 AM. Reason: added to post
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 12:33 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wantsome99 View Post
I never said I purchased them a month ago. I purchased them 6 months ago but only used them for 1 month. It took me a while to set up the tank buying things here and there over time. I got the tank last summer (July) from the petco $1 per gallon sale. A couple months later (October) I bought the stand and canopy. After setting the tank up I realized it took up to much room. It also cost more for plants then I expecting so I decided to downsize. Buying the tank was kind of an impulse spend. I didn't think it through. My income was also cut so I thought it would be best to downsize. I took the tank down and sold it and the filters have just been sitting my basement since January or February. I wanted to sell them to put the money toward some plants. The bio media is still white showing how little use they've had. I think the tank barely cycled by the time I took it down.
Ohh, I thought you bought them a month ago and decided you didn't need them. My mistake, misread. Good luck moving them. I'm sure it wont take long.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2017, 12:45 AM
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (492/100%)
Come on, folks, you know better than this. Don't offer items for sale outside the For Sale section.

And don't post links to your external sales activity.

It's really simple. If you've been a member for more than a few days, it's something you already know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
|
|

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode