• 10 Post By Joe7cri
  • 2 Post By Dman911
  • 2 Post By GrampsGrunge
  • 2 Post By GrampsGrunge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
My Daughters Spongebob tank is starting to grow in :)

Just happy to see that my daughter's Spongebob tank is starting to grow in. Java Moss is a little slow to grow on our tree, but the stem plants are really taking off, crypt looks pretty good, and finally starting to get some leaves back on the S.Repens. Wish I had a bigger bunch of Repens to start with, but will play the waiting game. This is my first experiment with plants, so I'm happy to see growth plus I'm finally starting to see some baby RCS! Now the fun begins as I'm taking what I've learned so far, and just started my 29g this week
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0642.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	764481  

Joe
Northern Westchester, NY

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 01:56 AM
Wannabe Guru

Congrats!!! sounds like things are going well. Time to start making room for more tanks

Dan
Joe7cri and Joe7cri like this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 02:08 AM
Wannabe Guru

This is one tastefully done kid's themed tank, I really like it.

Are you using CO2 or Excell?

Starting small, keeping it simple..(?)
250 gallon stock tank, "pond"
20 gallon H CBS Shrimp tank

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thank you! She was open to the plants, as long as she got her spongebob stuff, lol. I'm using excel with Nilcog Macros, Flourish Trace , and Iron. Dosing Excel, Macros, and Micros twice a week, and Iron once. I bought the flourish stuff first before you guys told me about Nilcog, so when I use it all up, I'll start with the Nilcog micros since I bought the Macro/Micro combo kit. I know I should be dosing more often according to the instructions, but I didn't want to over do it, especially since we're hoping to colonize shrimp. I don't want to do something wrong and kill them all, lol. My daughter and I just found 14 babies in the tank, so I guess we're doing something right, although we did see 3 dead berried shrimp. Hopefully it's due to molting issues, and not something else. Water has been very stable, so I haven't tested it for a few days. I'll test it again tomorrow. I've also read that water changes promote molting which could be tough on berried shrimp, so I haven't done a water change in 2 weeks. I only have shrimp, with 6 otocinclus, so not much of a bio load in the 29 gallon.

Joe
Northern Westchester, NY

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 03:40 AM
Wannabe Guru

More than anything, at least with crystal shrimp, water chemistry stability is pretty important. It's keeping the TDS, the GH and KH close to a set norm, from water change to water change.

And not to over feed, in fact with that big a tank, probably best to let it coast a few days to a week between feedings. There will be plenty to feed them with such healthy growing plants and a biologically mature gravel base.

Starting small, keeping it simple..(?)
250 gallon stock tank, "pond"
20 gallon H CBS Shrimp tank

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2017, 12:36 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)
I think they have cherry, not crystal shrimp. Keeping crystal shrimp without using RO is (at least in most of the country) a waste of life.

O_o
/ /_______________________________
| BWAAAH IMA FIRIHN MA LAZER!!!!!!!!!
\_\

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode