The Planted Tank Forum banner

Leopard Gecko Acting Strange?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Summerland_Aquatics 
#1 ·
First, I know this is in the wrong section, but the herp thread is completely dead. second, I can't find a good reptile forum, so this will have to do (I know some of you have herps)

My leopard gecko, Athena, has been acting strange for a while now. it started with her no wanting to eat (which is still going on) and has progressed into her thumping her back feet (both, but only one at a time), laying on her stomach facing away from me and raising her tail straight up and waving it, and being much more active than she usually is. I'm at a loss as to what this is.

humidity = 55%
Temperature = low 70's (on the cool side, don't have temp gauges on the warm side)
heating elements = 1 UTH, 1 daytime heat bulb

#2 ·
I have kept leopard geckos , and one of the most common health issues with them is impacted bowels from ingesting sand. I would take her to a Vet soon if she continues displaying those symptoms. Hope she gets better soon 😊

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.