The Planted Tank Forum banner

DSM issues?

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Darkblade48 
#1 ·
Hi All!

May I ask you to help me, please?

I've started a new nano tank (30l) with dry start method. Some parts of my plants has some white stuff as you can see this on the picture.
Is it mould(mold - i do not know the proper world) ?
If yes, some ventillation will solve this problem (the tank covered with foil)?
If no, what could it be?

(tank: 30l, tropica soil, some stones, UG(utricularia graminifolia), led light ~10hours a day, dsm started 2-3 weeks ago. In every 2-3 days i sprinkle some RO water on it. Every 3d sprinkling is done with RO water + micro/macro nutrients solution. Now, 10/3 part of the plants are affected.)

See less See more
#2 ·
what does it feel like because to me it just looks like bubbles. Personally if it where mold I would just let it be cause (and im sure in a world where everything goes wrong it could go all over) in my emersed setups I have some algae and mold on old stems or leaves, but to me that's jus the life cycle so I don't worry to much. Never has "over taken" a whole plant or whole tank.

#9 ·
I wouldn't say the plants are goners yet; they're still green.

If there isn't any excess water, then you might need to air the aquarium from time to time (say once a day, or once every 2 days).

#11 ·
Thanks all for your responses!!!!!
@Darkblade84: "Air the aquarium" - is it enough the remove the foil from the top of the aquarium or shall i use some ventillation equipment?
@mott: I dont know. I put only a little nutrients to the water (lets say, micro-macro nutrients, enough for about a ~40l tank's daily doses, and i sprayed only a little part of this solution to test it on the plants, so i don't think that the fungus began to grow because this :/)

I tried to reduce the amount of water so i removed the top foil from the tank, but unfortunately the top of the plants are dried a bit :/

#12 ·
@Darkblade84: "Air the aquarium" - is it enough the remove the foil from the top of the aquarium or shall i use some ventillation equipment?
I think either should work. Use what you have available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.