Tough luck! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Tough luck!

Hello all. Long time lurker here. I've learned a ton of information from this site and have been keeping planted tanks for 10 years, mostly low light ones, but have had aquariums for twice that long. Long story short just at the point I've gotten to the handle on on maintaining the perfect balance with all three of my aquariums my 8 gallon being my show piece. I'm nooooooo Amano by any stretch of the imagination but I was very proud of that little jewel. I saw was as it was destroyed yesterday. My dear sweet 13 year old Grand Daughter who was staying over for the night used the legs of my stand of my little master piece to stake our 140lbs Bull Mastiff "Tank" to while she, wanting to surprise Grandpa, pulls out the carpet cleaner/vacuum. We'll she didn't realize Tank's fondness for the vacuum when its powered. You can fill in the rest. Glass, water, fish, carpet shampoo everywhere. She nor Tank were hurt which is the most important thing. However, I sure would appreciate anyone in Central Texas area that had some Pelia and or Flame Moss they are willing to part will send a reply. I'll start new 10 gal. with it. Didn't trust I could get all the shampoo chemicals, glass out of what of what I was able to save out of the carpet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 01:38 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Ouch! I am sorry to hear about the tank! Atleast no one was hurt. (Dog or human!) If you would like some plants, take a look at the Swap and Shop section where people do the plant trading and such.
Welcome to the forum by the way!
Jake

"My next hobby is going to be tearing up $100 bills while simultaneously banging my head against a wall and flooding my basement."
"Ask not what the hobby can do for you, but what you can do the the hobby" - ScapeFu

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wabi-Kusa Pimp #3
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 01:42 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
That sucks, I have always had the fear of my tank falling over I couldn't imagine cleaning up all the water along with everything else that was in the tank.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks JakeJ. Just realized I can actually see the Swamp in Shop Tab now that I'm logged in. I guess I've been just lurking way too long. LOL
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 02:54 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
Just means you need to get a tank big enough so your dog wont pull it over..... 125 gal or so

Sorry to hear about that, I get that scare all the time, I get that fear every time my daughter plays around the tank.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-13-2010, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

I'm going to pull some of the standard low light plants, Java Fern, Crypts, and Nana from my other two tanks to start the new 10gal. But the Pelia and Flame moss I had in the little 8 had really grew in nicely over a three year period. It layered well over a small piece of drift wood and black river stones. I'm still trying to get all the substrate out of the carpet.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode