Dont ever try this with fish in tank!! - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 05:46 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)
Thumbs down Dont ever try this with fish in tank!!

So i thought of an idea to get my java moss to grow exactly how i wanted it. I got hair nets from walmart and used the net (worked great by the way) until i came how from lunch and some how the nets got loose and found 2 of my fish stuck in the nets almost lost them they are pretty banged up. Just thought id share just in case someone trys it!!!

USMC SGT TYPE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 06:34 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (10/100%)
Oh my.. I'm sorry to hear about that. How did you secure the nets down?

Tiffany

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)
Well i wrapped the net around the driftwood and tied it in the back but the knot loosened...Looked great because you couldnt even see the net...Fish=net=bad times

USMC SGT TYPE

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 07:12 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
i have used garlic sacks, and other mesh type material to wrap around drift wood and rocks with no problems, just make sure they are tight.

-SF Giants WS champs-
Haters gonna Hate
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 07:14 AM
Wannabe Guru

Lots of hobbyists have learnt the hard way that nets and fish don't go together. Why nets alone - tight corners, narrow caves, crevices etc. etc. all have the same potential for disaster.

If you have a choice, you have a problem, till you elect your choice. No choice, no problem, only consequences, learn to live with them.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (83/100%)
I use those shower puffs when doing mosswork with rocks. Stretch it tight around a rock, twist, and zip tie. Works like a charm and haven't had one loosen on me yet. ***knocks on wood*** For mosswork on wood and almost every other application, a thin layer of super glue gel.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
Send a message via AIM to jwalls1082
I tied part of my moss to a rock with some fishing line. Just placed the moss on the rock, then wrapped just enough so that none of the moss would escape with the current. I figure I'll give it time to take hold for itself, then cut the line away. The other bunch of moss I have is tied to some plastic canvas, with the canvas slightly buried under the substrate around the edges to keep any fish from getting under it....again.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)
lots of people use hair nets for their moss (or shower scrubbies which are about the same thing) You just have to make sure you've got em tied down good.

20L build in progress

my 75 (the old tank)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 05:30 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANIELSON View Post
So i thought of an idea to get my java moss to grow exactly how i wanted it. I got hair nets from walmart and used the net (worked great by the way) until i came how from lunch and some how the nets got loose and found 2 of my fish stuck in the nets almost lost them they are pretty banged up. Just thought id share just in case someone trys it!!!
One of my discus is so dumb I found it floating up the top caught in java moss...

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode