Advice on "sour"(?) swap N shop deal - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Banned

PTrader: (2/100%)
Advice on "sour"(?) swap N shop deal

On the 17th I sent payment via paypal for some plants. Didn't receive any aknowledgement of payment. On the 26th received a message from seller that USPS had lost package, another will be sent. I pm'd seller asking when it would be sent, since I would be out of town and wanted to make arrangements for a friend to pick up pkg. No response. Package still hasn't arrived (I had neighbors checking while I was away), and two more pm's have been ignored.

What do you suggest I do next? Contact paypal? Wait a few more days?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 04:49 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)
Did I forget something... again. lol

If the member has been online I think I know how I might proceed. Did you receive any info on the original package such as a delivery confirmation number? Not sure how I would know the package was lost if I was the sender without some form of tracking.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Banned

No, I did not receive any info until 10 days after payment was sent when he notified me that the mail had lost "4 packages".
Prior to that no shipping info or aknowledgement of the payment sent.

But this is a forum member with over 3,000 posts, which is why I'm not sure if I should just wait and chalk it up to poor business practices, and the plants will eventually arrive, or am I being scammed?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 05:16 PM
msc
Planted Member

PTrader: (12/100%)
Only the seller knows what is really going on. Try sending an PM. and e-mail. You have 30 days to file with paypal. Then if it goes that far negative feed back. Think that is about all you can do.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I have sent pm's, he hasn't responded to any of them.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 05:23 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (59/100%)
if he was notified that the packages were lost then he has a tracking number. otherwise there is no way that he would know. i would ask for the original tracking number. if it was in fact lost in the mail and you have proof of that then it wasnt the other persons fault in anyway.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 05:25 PM
Planted Tank Guru

it would be nice if he did replace what he sent you but i dont think it really is necessary. if it was lost by the mail then he lost product and you lost money, i think it just sucks for both of you. another thing to take into consideration is that he may have sold off some stock that he may now have a limited supply of, maybe it will take him a little time to rebound
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I agree, all of the scenarios you name make sense and are understandable.

However when the seller doesn't reply to ANY messages, it sends up red flags.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 05:44 PM
Planted Tank Guru

you can go to his profile page and see when their last activity was. maybe they just havent been on.

try posting your question on his sales thread
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)
I'd open a Paypal complaint and get the ball rolling that way. It may not help - I had a similiar problem on another board and the seller stopped going to the board and closed that particular PP account so I never did get the product or a refund. Sometimes you're just screwed.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timwag2001 View Post
if it was lost by the mail then he lost product and you lost money
how did the seller lose? he got his part of the deal; the money. the buyer is the one that got screwed here, not the seller

~ Jose

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Banned

PTrader: (105/94%)
If the seller is someone known here, and hasn't responded. It may be that you are not the only one messaging him about a lost package and your pms are getting sucked up in the mayhem. Chances are he is trying to get everything situated and corrected not only with you, but others as well. I would suggest e-mailing him using the paypal information provided to submit an inquiry if you have not yet.

I would give it an additional few days, Tuesday the latest, for a response from the seller. If by then the seller has not communicated to you via e-mail or pm, then you may open a dispute with paypal. However, if he has original receipt of shipping, then you won't get the money back.

Given we are a close knit community here, I would give time.

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 06:31 PM
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)
Posting threads like this is against forum policy. If you are having a problem with a seller, contact them personally. If they aren't answering your pms, you do have the right to contact paypal.

It also doesn't hurt to pm a moderator and let them know who you are having problems with so that we can keep track of these things. If it continues to happen, the seller could loose his planted tank privileges.

Without Algae, death of mankind would be inevitable.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode