First tank set up - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 12:39 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
First tank set up

So after leaving all the supplies for my first planted tank laying around for a year and a half I finally got the motivation to put it all together. I decided to hook up my pressurized c02, and filter, inline heater, and diffuser. Into a tank with just water to make sure I've got it all working correctly before I add soil and plants. Couple quick newbie questions.
I set my operating psi at 10 and I set the needle valve to give me just over 1 bubble per sec. This is average right? However I can hear gas escaping from what sounds like the top of my solenoid. Is this normal? Or is my solenoid shot? Is there a way to test it? I bought the regulator and solenoid as a package off eBay.
Secondly I'm a little confused. I just put my c02 line directly into the tank. And my inline diffuser line also directly into the tank and it somehow gets difused even though it's gotta run through the filter first? These seem like obv questions but this is a lot harder and financially challenging than a reg fresh water tank. Any input would be greatly valued. Or links around the forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 12:54 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
I use foam and soap water to check for leakage

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 12:55 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)
If you do have a leak, check the o-rings first. They are usually the first thing to fail and are an easy replacement.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode