1Likes
  • 2 Post By Varmint

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Eheim tank

Hey guys,

I've been looking into planted nano tanks and my favorite design is the 6 gallon nano by Eheim, sadly I've learned that they no longer make them. Does anyone know where i can get one or something very similar? Also does this forum have a classifieds section?

Thanks in advance,

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2016, 11:36 PM

PTrader: (3/100%)
You can check out the For Sale section of these forums as well as the WTB (wanting to buy) section if you wish to buy things off other users or post items for sale, respectively.

Anthony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 12:39 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish fish View Post
Hey guys,

I've been looking into planted nano tanks and my favorite design is the 6 gallon nano by Eheim, sadly I've learned that they no longer make them. Does anyone know where i can get one or something very similar? Also does this forum have a classifieds section?

Thanks in advance,

Tom
Are you certain it is gone? A couple of years ago, everyone was out of stock on the 9 gallon. It came back months after I settled for the 6 gallon.

That being said, Dr Fosters and Smith still has the 9 gallon and it looks like they have free shipping. If you have room for the slightly bigger tank, I think you should do it. I regret not waiting for the 9 gallon to come back in stock. My 6 gallon tanks are bursting at the seams with plants and my Bettas have no space left to swim.
Econde and Econde like this.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks Varmint, that actually does make a lot of sense, thanks for the reply as well. Do you have any complaints about Eheim?

Bump: Thanks darkblade, I'll check it out.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 12:30 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I love my Eheims.

I do have a disclaimer. I'm sure the stock filters are great, they looked great, but I removed them and replaced them with canisters. I have Rasboras and a halfmoon Betta. The Rasboras kept swimming behind the filters and they would get stuck and die. I moved from Fluval Specs to Aquastyles because my halfmoon Betta was sticking to the filter grate on the Spec and he blew out his tail. I had the same issue with the stock filter on the Aquastyle.

One other thing to think about, the lid won't fit flush if you have to install a heater. You will need to leave it cracked open in the back. I don't mind, but it doesn't look as sleek as it does in the pictures. My lids are offset towards the front by over an inch due to the tubing needed for the canister filters.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks Varmint, I think i'm going to pull the trigger on the 9 gallon. Ive heard others complain about no space for the heater, seems silly they haven't thought about that yet. Your tanks look beautiful by the way.

Cheers,
Tom
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 11:51 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish fish View Post
Thanks Varmint, I think i'm going to pull the trigger on the 9 gallon. Ive heard others complain about no space for the heater, seems silly they haven't thought about that yet. Your tanks look beautiful by the way.

Cheers,
Tom
Thanks for the kind words. If you get the 9 gallon, please take pictures. I would love to see it in action.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode