Planted Tank Guru
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Contra Costa CA
I use a medicine dropper or syringe (no needle) and measure it out @ 1 ml per 10 gallons.
Prime does not have the useless extra ingredients that many other dechlorinators have. You dose only 1/5 as much.
Many other dechlorinators are dosed at 1 teaspoon (5 ml) per 10 gallons. And you are adding stuff the fish do not need. You are not really adding any more active ingredient (dechlorinator).
Prime is safe to use at higher levels (a double dose), for example if there is too much ammonia in the water, or more than an average amount of chlorine or chloramine. The amount of chlorine and ammonia Prime handles is on the label (I think). If your water is treated with more chlorine or chloramine this is a good reason to use more. But simply to dose more because you cannot believe it will work is not a good reason to overdose.