what Percentage of water change do should i do. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hey all I'm doing a 240g as you know. and I am doing a Constant drip system. I am debating how much drip should i do. 10 gallons a day would give me a 25% weekely water change. 20 gallons would give me about 44% weekly. I know more is better. But I am curious as to what you do in your planted tanks. With all my smaller tanks I did 25% - 50% every week to every other week depending on how planted the tank was along with how heavy it was stocked. With this big tank I am debating on what I should go with for a weekly percentage.

Also Because i will have a slow flow sump. Most of my flow will be with power heads, Was thinking of doing 4-6 Smaller gph Power heads vs bigger, mostly to keep the flow from over powering the fish. what do you guys suggest as far as that.

Never mind. I got confused about how much was being put in... if i do 1 gallon an hour than it should be about 50% weekly I had a brain fart... but Please answer about the power heads...

Everyone follows a Trend!
Their is always light at the end of the tunnel, That's when the train Hit's You!

Last edited by Darkblade48; 07-31-2016 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Please use the edit function for back to back posts to keep threads cleaner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2016, 12:51 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)
I like the I idea of more smaller powerheads, I think you would have a more even flow distribution that way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 03:59 AM
Planted Member

I've yet to have a beautiful tank like the ones on here, but my tanks have gone months between water changes... Again, not the prettiest things.

Definitely several water pumps

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks. YEah I have been lacking on my water changes in my 75, isn't good either as i been pulling plants out and getting things ready for the 240. Most of my plants are going into QT to rid them of snails.

Everyone follows a Trend!
Their is always light at the end of the tunnel, That's when the train Hit's You!

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode