Snails? Love em or Hate em? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
Snails? Love em or Hate em?

This may not be in the right section but o'well. I have had tanks for the last 2 years and consider my myself blessed not to have had any snails what so ever. But, I have been wondering how others feel about them. And whether thay are worth having in the tank or if they are just a pain in th butt. My brother-in-law has had snails from day one and they multiply like crazy, I understand that there are things that he does that causes them to breed like crazy (overfeeding,...). So, what opinons are out there.

___My 120 Gallon___ EHEIM PIMP #407, 2x 2229, 2x 1250 Hobby Pumps, 1x Ecco 2236, and 1x Eheim Sludge Extractor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 11:00 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (68/100%)
Happy with and without them. Added MTS to a couple of tanks recently. Had ramshorn snails in two tanks but wiped them out and kinda regret it now. Having clown loaches in two of my tanks over population is not a problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed,,, keep kicking it
RubberSideDownOnTheLanding,
2-75g planted, 3-55g planted, 110g w/30g sump, 2018 update returning to sanity (Nutz)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 01:46 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)
depends what kind of snails, common pond snails can be a curse. my assassin snails i like very much and keep my pond snails under control. i also throw a hand full of pond snails into my main tank every once in a while to keep my yo yo loaches entertained.

Last edited by sajata; 04-18-2010 at 01:46 AM. Reason: typo

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 01:52 AM
Aroid Addict

PTrader: (76/100%)
As long as they don't eat my plants, I'm cool with them. I like my MTS and Nerites quite a bit.

Got Plants?-6 CO2 + 12 H2O → C6H12O6 + 6 O2 + 6 H2O

---

Always interested in trades for aroids, carnivores, orchids, ferns, or whatever else you think I might like to try
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 02:12 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
I like mine sauteed in butter and garlic. Seriously, if you keep their population under control they can be beneficial.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 02:28 AM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)
I like my pond snails...I like watching them suck on the glass.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode