Has anyone here tried AquaCleanse and/or Waste-Away? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Has anyone here tried AquaCleanse and/or Waste-Away?

Nobody on AC or APC seems to have...
(from threads over there) -

http://www.drtimsaquatics.com/

I'm getting low on Prime and have had some problems w/ slime build up on Eclipse and Whisper type filters. DrTim's (Dr. Tim Hovanic) has a line of products often touted these days by the Bailey Brothers (PetFishTalk.com) including Waste-Away (heterotrophic bacteria that are supposed to seriously chow down on slimy and solid waste commonly found in tanks) and AquaCleanse water conditioner.

The drawback I see w/ AquaCleanse is that it's dilute compared to Prime (5mL to treat 10g instead of Prime's 1mL/10g).

I'm interested in Waste-Away but I'd like to know if anyone else has used it (and AquaCleanse) in a planted tank before I try it out.

DrTim's Aquatics says that the above products should work well in planted tanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Victor Regulator pimp #7, Eheim pimp #309
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (76/94%)
I find things like this too hard to believe... When it is time to replace your prime.... buy Cloram-X in powder form... 30 bucks worth will literally last you forever.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to snoz0r
Quote:
Originally Posted by over_stocked View Post
I find things like this too hard to believe... When it is time to replace your prime.... buy Cloram-X in powder form... 30 bucks worth will literally last you forever.

Never heard of the Cloram-X, would this be safe to use to regenerate Purigen if it was mixed and disolved first of course?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
click above for my tank journal - Eheim Pimp Club #357 - SunSun Pimp #3

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
If you are looking for a waste and buildup remover, I suggest Microbe-lift's product Bio-lift. Works great for me at home and we even use it to treat out tanks at petco.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (76/94%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoz0r View Post
Never heard of the Cloram-X, would this be safe to use to regenerate Purigen if it was mixed and disolved first of course?
http://www.reedmariculture.com/cloram-x/

It should work just fine. It does not have any slime coat products so it should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inthewerks View Post
If you are looking for a waste and buildup remover, I suggest Microbe-lift's product Bio-lift. Works great for me at home and we even use it to treat out tanks at petco.
The best waste remover is free. Water Changes. I do not believe in anything that claims it magically removes waste.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to snoz0r
Quote:
Originally Posted by over_stocked View Post
http://www.reedmariculture.com/cloram-x/

It should work just fine. It does not have any slime coat products so it should work. .
Great to hear, between this and the sun-sun filters keep the list coming with the products out there that aren't mainstream . I like saving money lol.

click above for my tank journal - Eheim Pimp Club #357 - SunSun Pimp #3

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode