• 6 Post By Olskule
  • 4 Post By GraphicGr8s
  • 2 Post By Nordic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hubby has MTS

Went to Pet Co this morning to get suction cups. While we were there, I picked up a 40B as apparently nobody in the store could figure out when their dollar per gallon sale was. Last week I was told it would start next Friday and last for 3 days. I don't know when the sale started, but it's good until Aug 6. Whatever.

On the way, hubby started talking about setting up a tank for either a cray fish or a dedicated shrimp tank. I told him that I wouldn't have a problem with that except I have a 3 tank limit. My compromise was when the 40B is set up and running, I'd break down the 10 and add the fish from the 5.5 to the 29 as well, so that would mean the 10 gallon would go and the 5.5 would be a dedicated plant tank like it was supposed to be.

Now that we're home, my compromise apparently wasn't good enough. LOL He walked around the house and declared that he's not willing to give up the 10 and he likes the 5.5 gallon where it is.

We also talked about adding more amano shrimp to the 10 gallon, so I suspect that will be outcome of our little game of 'Let's Make a Deal'.

Anybody else have a spouse of significant other that ha MTS but doesn't do all the grunt work to maintain the tank or tanks you have? In my case, hubby is good about it as he knows how much time and energy I put into our tanks, but sometimes his want to have more needs to be squashed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Children Boogie

PTrader: (13/100%)
You should bargain by the gallon not number of tanks. No more than 100 Gallons when added up all of the tanks. That's reasonable.

He might want to do a 75G one day so that means he'll have to give up some tanks but in the meantime, he can enjoy lots of little tanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 05:41 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
My name is thedood and I have mts. My wife helps with the tanks but I try to do the heavy lifting. I have four tanks setup, a 125 waiting for my downstairs to be done, and next spring I want to get a 250g lol.

75G Seachem Flourite

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

20H Seachem Flourite with DIY Canopy/Cooling System

10G Low Tech Shrimp Tank - Archive

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 06:52 PM
Wannabe Guru

It occurs to me that there are to many MTS's....

Multiple Tank Syndrome
Mineralized Top Soil
Malaysian Trumpet Snails
MTS

Tank On, Mike-
60g Marineland Community, Finnex Planted+ 24/7, Silica (pool filter) sand.
10g, 29g, & 37g fry grow out tanks, 110g stock tank w/40g sump.

What came first, the chicken or the egg. It was the egg, but not the egg from a chicken.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)
Small tanks don't tank very long to maintain. A water change takes about the same time it takes one to write a post on here.

O_o
/ /_______________________________
| BWAAAH IMA FIRIHN MA LAZER!!!!!!!!!
\_\
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 09:16 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I have realized that MTS works just like malaria: if you have it once, you may get over it, but you will likely have a relapse years down the road. I have been putting off setting up a tank until I got out of a conventional foundation (old) rental house and bought a slab foundation house, which I have just done. Now I'll be picking up a 125 gallon tank next week, and I'm looking at any blank wall/floor space in my new house, sizing it up as to the largest tank that will fit there! (I have tanks and equipment I've been buying up when on sale at fantastic prices for a few years.) So far I've decided that I can easily fit at least two 55s in my bedroom (four, with double stands), and also squeeze in a 10 gallon stand (two tanks) next to the closet. I already set up a 55 in the dining room (single wooden stand), the 125 will divide the dining area from the living room, and I have a double 30" stand that will hold a 29 gallon and a 20 gallon nicely in the living room, between the stereo and the right speaker. Now, if I do away with the cat's play tower(s),....

Olskule
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 09:20 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbeysDad View Post
It occurs to me that there are to many MTS's....

Multiple Tank Syndrome
Mineralized Top Soil
Malaysian Trumpet Snails
MTS

see this thread,my last comment on post #1.

MTS? no,I just need one more tank...
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2016, 09:25 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

...Oh yeah, and my teenage daughter has been begging me for some Glofish, so I'm setting up a standard 20 gallon for her in her room. (Glofish! How fake-looking can you make a tank??? I'm sure she'll want fake fluorescent plants and other fake fluorescent, ridiculous decorations in there, too! WHERE DID I GO WRONG???)
Nlewis, Nlewis, Arun. and 3 others like this.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 01:45 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Hi, my name is Sadchevy, I have MTS. It all started many years ago with a 10g Metaframe tank. Since then it has been a terrible disease to deal with. I can't pass yard sales or flea markets without a quick look to see if there are any aquarium related stuff for sale. I constantly peruse Craigslist and associated sites looking for deals. I currently have about 10 tanks running with another 10-12 waiting for a place to be setup. They range from 10g to 180g. They take up some time to maintain. I miss football games, races, movies. My disease has proven to me that my wife does love me, she also loves the tanks. MTS isn't a bad thing, it just takes the right partner and it becomes a family affair. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

,2x75g, 55g, 40g breeder, 29g, 2x10g, 100g stock pond..........MTS ? Nahhhhhh
Just acquired a 150g tall and a 30g long
Fraternity of dirt #135 join--->

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 03:25 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
There is no such thing as "MTS". There is a definite need for more tanks. If someone tells you you have too many tanks it is like someone telling you you're putting too much Parmesan on your pasta. Really. Get rid of that person. You don't need all that negativity in your life. I just bought my second 75. (The first one was free so in reality I bought my first 75) Brings me up to 65+ tanks now. When we were in NY I got 3 more Metaframes.

Dilution is the solution for the pollution.
Quote me as saying I was misquoted.
Once you get rid of integrity the rest is a piece of cake.
Here's to our wives and sweethearts - may they never meet.
If you agreed with me we'd both be right.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 04:06 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicGr8s View Post
There is no such thing as "MTS". There is a definite need for more tanks. If someone tells you you have too many tanks it is like someone telling you you're putting too much Parmesan on your pasta. Really. Get rid of that person. You don't need all that negativity in your life. I just bought my second 75. (The first one was free so in reality I bought my first 75) Brings me up to 65+ tanks now. When we were in NY I got 3 more Metaframes.
Youre in the denial stage @GraphicGr8s lol

75G Seachem Flourite

20H Seachem Flourite with DIY Canopy/Cooling System

10G Low Tech Shrimp Tank - Archive

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Planted Tank Guru

Its fun in summer, the power bill is killing me this winter. Got the tanks down to 12, will decommission one more tomorrow. The stuff in there is big enough to go to the local LFS. Then again I spawned both danios and glowlights this weekend so, its only temporary, I can already see the first wrigglers.
KarenSoCal and KarenSoCal like this.

Cape Town, South Africa.

Hi. I'm back.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 08:20 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedood View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicGr8s View Post
There is no such thing as "MTS". There is a definite need for more tanks...I just bought my second 75... Brings me up to 65+ tanks now. When we were in NY I got 3 more Metaframes.
GraphicGr8s, tell him that's not true!!!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 07:26 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I wish husband loved fish. He has MBS (multiple bird syndrome). I agreed to take care of them when we got married. He has a bird room with like 10 cages and one day I cleaned the room and everything in it so well, it inspired him to get a bunch more birds! Sort of snuck them in the house looking somewhat guilty. Not exactly what I imagined would happen.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-06-2016, 08:36 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedood View Post
You are so right. I am in denial. And I don't mean the river. Why should I deny myself another 10-15 tanks?

Probably because I don't really want any more tanks at this time. If I wanted them, could tend to them, and could afford them yet didn't get them then I would be in denial.

Dilution is the solution for the pollution.
Quote me as saying I was misquoted.
Once you get rid of integrity the rest is a piece of cake.
Here's to our wives and sweethearts - may they never meet.
If you agreed with me we'd both be right.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode