Petco Dollar per Gallon Sale 6/27-7/16, and now includes 75 gallon tanks!!! - The Planted Tank Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By crice8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (52/100%)
Petco Dollar per Gallon Sale 6/27-7/16, and now includes 75 gallon tanks!!!

For those of you who have been wondering, this was just posted on one of the facebook pages and Petco posted on their Facebook page confirming. Also it looks like the rumors of the 75 gallon tanks being added are true!

Update: it seems this image may be false, but there have been multiple people confirm their Petco just got multiple pallets in of tanks. It looks like the sale is starting with the next circular!

Last edited by crice8; 06-25-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 07:20 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
FYI this isn't true or confirmed, and here is the proof; Petco Dollar Per Gallon Sale - FreshAquaria Discussion

Looks like we'll be waiting a few more weeks before anything is released about the next sale.

Remember, just because it has the dates doesn't mean it is even from this year (it could be years and years old, hence why it says Tetra and not Aqueon).
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 10:17 AM
Wannabe Guru

I was told by staff of my local Pet Co on Thursday that there would be a dollar per gallon sale starting next Sunday.

They typically do not have a large inventory of bigger Aqueon tanks and they had them everywhere, including pallets of them that were still plastic wrapped and had yet to be put away.

Whether what I was told was fact or fiction remains to be seen.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2016, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

While this image may have semi incorrect dates, the fact that my Petco just got multiple pallets in means a sell starting this weekend or next weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnownSyntax View Post
FYI this isn't true or confirmed, and here is the proof; Petco Dollar Per Gallon Sale - FreshAquaria Discussion

Looks like we'll be waiting a few more weeks before anything is released about the next sale.

Remember, just because it has the dates doesn't mean it is even from this year (it could be years and years old, hence why it says Tetra and not Aqueon).
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 03:19 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by crice8 View Post
While this image may have semi incorrect dates, the fact that my Petco just got multiple pallets in means a sell starting this weekend or next weekend.
I apologize, seems that those dates are valid as here is the sales ad Petco Dollar Per Gallon Sale - FreshAquaria Discussion

Very odd how they deny deny deny, but I don't think the 75G is included though based on this sales ad.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 03:31 PM
Wannabe Guru

Has anybody been to Pet Co today? I had hubby stop by ours on his way to work to pick up a 40B. He was told that the sale doesn't start until July 8th or next Friday.

I went to Pet Co's page that posts what's on sale and this is what I found. Petco Local Ad ? low prices on pets and pet supplies

I'm really confused, time to call their corporate office or bug them on Twitter.

EDIT: I called the number on Pet Co's website to figure out what the frick was going on. They looked up my local store to see when the sale was. At my local store, it starts July 8th and it's only good for 3 days. The person I spoke with told me that the sale that is being advertised isn't for all stores, because that makes sense. *facepalm*

Here's the page if anybody wants to call to find out what is going on with you store. http://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore

Last edited by Smooch; 09-16-2016 at 12:50 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooch View Post
Has anybody been to Pet Co today? I had hubby stop by ours on his way to work to pick up a 40B. He was told that the sale doesn't start until July 8th or next Friday.

I went to Pet Co's page that posts what's on sale and this is what I found. Petco Local Ad ? low prices on pets and pet supplies

I'm really confused, time to call their corporate office or bug them on Twitter.

EDIT: I called the number on Pet Co's website to figure out what the frick was going on. They looked up my local store to see when the sale was. At my local store, it starts July 8th and it's only good for 3 days. The person I spoke with told me that the sale that is being advertised isn't for all stores, because that makes sense. *facepalm*

Here's the page if anybody wants to call to find out what is going on with you store. Pet Supplies, Pet Food, and Pet Products from petco.com

That is weird that the dollar per gallon sale is only 3 days at your local store. it is always about a month long at other stores. Someone posted this morning on the facebook post their receipt and signs at their local petco store confirming they bought a 75 gallon tank today on sale for $75 as part of the dollar per gallon sale.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 10:06 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crice8 View Post
That is weird that the dollar per gallon sale is only 3 days at your local store. it is always about a month long at other stores. Someone posted this morning on the facebook post their receipt and signs at their local petco store confirming they bought a 75 gallon tank today on sale for $75 as part of the dollar per gallon sale.
I guess the sale applying tot he 75 gallons is regional.

anyone know if any petcos in socal carry 75 gallons lol?

edit: someone in Michigan confirmed it https://www.reddit.com/r/Aquariums/c...llon_at_petco/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by SingAlongWithTsing; 06-26-2016 at 10:19 PM. Reason: ...

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode