Aquavas 90cm systems on sale for $1600 - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (37/100%)
Aquavas 90cm systems on sale for $1600

Hey all,

I just took the plunge and bought an Aquavas 90cm system. I've been looking at these and ADA's 90m for awhile but the ADA with similar components costs almost twice as much including shipping. If anyone else is interested in purchasing an Aquavas 90cm, let me know and I can get you another 5% off ($80).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 02:13 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Last I heard aquatic gardens was offering some % off if buying a system as well. Should've waited on that!

Have any first hand experience with the Aquavas stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (37/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC1994 View Post
Last I heard aquatic gardens was offering some % off if buying a system as well. Should've waited on that!

Have any first hand experience with the Aquavas stuff?

I don't have any experience with Aquavas stuff and haven't received my system yet. I had a few ADA tanks before though (Mini-S, Mini-M, 30-C) and maybe can do a comparison after I get the Aquavas up and running.

Hiepsta's Aquavas 90cm looks pretty amazing though.

Last edited by volatile; 06-19-2016 at 11:38 PM. Reason: fixed font

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 02:31 PM
Algae Grower

Looks nice, exactly like ADA. Curious to hear your thoughts first hand.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 01:48 AM
Algae Grower

I figured out a long time ago that building your own system (purchase a glass aquarium) and purchase the related components is much easier to work with. More importantly, a lot of the "all in one systems" often come with equipment that can't handle stringent tasks (a filter that can only handle a medium bioload, lights that can only grow mid-level plants etc.).

That's just my opinion.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 02:03 AM
Algae Grower

Aquavas 90cm systems on sale for $1600

That's some bad freshwater advice..... Lol. But serious, google what OP is talking about before putting it in the category of biocubes and so on.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 12:39 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/75%)
I bought a 90-P ADA stand a month or so ago. Very disappointed, it is nothing special and the paint job is one coat from an airbrush. Airgun... whatever it's called. I used a Mr. Clean magic eraser to remove the red marker where I had to drill holes to install the lighting stand, and the paint came off. I'd say the ADA cabinets are a big ripoff for what you get. No formica even!

The Aquavas stands look much better and the tanks look the same, and that looks like a great deal. Their light stand looks similar (square steel instead of round rods) and filters look just as high quality, just with the pump at an angle. I am thinking maybe I should have gotten Aquavas.

Now that I think about it, Aquavas light stand looks much sturdier than ADA grand solar stand.

Depending on where you live and your budget, the fact that Aquavas includes shipping in their price might be the dealmaker. The cost to ship my 90-P system (tank/filter/stand/aquasouil/everything else) across country was insane.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode