LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)
Ok, updated list.

Have:
Tanks - 180g display tank, 120g sump.
Pumps - 1000gph return pump.
Controller - Apex controller with temp/ph/orp probes (orp is probably not very useful for planted, but have it from reef ).
Heater - 2x 300watt Ebo Jager heaters on Ranco controller.
Flow - Maxspect Gyre XF150 powerhead in the display for gentle laminar flow, Hydor Koralia Evo powerhead in the sump to help mix dosing things such as fertilizers.
Dosing - Apex DOS x2 allowing to dose up to 4 things, various 1g and 5g containers to hold liquid form of fertilizers.

To Buy list
Substrate - Black diamond blasting sand base. (might upgrade later, but has to be something easy to move for now).
Decorations - Manzanita branches, some smaller rocks and boulders from Rockscape® Landscape Boulders | Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa (not sure if all are safe for aquarium use).
CO2 set - 20lbs tank (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ICOKQMI), Regulator (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009WTXYN0), Reactor (will modify NextReef MR1 that I already have).
Light - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U0HMX1C , maybe two of them if one won't provide high enough light at least to 60-70% of the tank.
Filtration - Several layers of Poret foam in the sump to create a wall between drain and return, possibly keep using filter socks, at least until i get tired of washing them
Plants - not sure yet... likely something with high/med light requirements.
Fish - not sure yet... maybe discus again...

Not very set on the light or the regulator as of now. Used that brand of regulator before and it seem to work fine, but perhaps there are better in the price range now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 03:08 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidendex View Post
For plant fertilizers I'm guessing?

Hey do any of these rocks look bad for an aquarium or should all be mostly safe to use? Rockscape® Landscape Boulders | Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa
Natural rocks should definitely work for the aquarium. Those look good. However, before you add them to your aquarium, I would make sure to undergo the standard process people undergo to clean live rocks before putting them in a reef aquarium.

Start by putting them in a bucket / tub with a pump (for water movement) and putting in some bleach. Leave it in the bleach solution for a few days. Then take out all the rock and put it on a clean towel for a day to allow the bleach to evaporate. And then finish up by letting the rocks sit in a tub of fresh aquarium water for a few more days. The rocks can then be added to your aquarium.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)
Picked up black blasting sand and 3 large rocks of this type Fern Green . Hopefully it's safe, did not react with vinegar. Soaking in bleach for now.

|

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 08:40 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
I just nuke em in the dishwasher on high heat setting.

Cape Town, South Africa.

Hi. I'm back.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 01:14 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidendex View Post
Def will not be doing shower scrubbies in the sump I don't like to pay a lot for overpriced things, but I do like to have things that are fairly good quality.
You can get 72 packs of 8 scrubbies (total of 576) for $55 before shipping

Colored Scouring Pads

the pumice stones freemananana linked also seem good

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode