• 2 Post By Diana
  • 2 Post By DaveK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Lightbulb Planted Tank Mentor!

Hello Everyone,

I recently have gotten back into the hobby....big time. I am relatively new to the hobby although I grew up with some very basic tanks - nothing extensively planted. I also started about 2 months ago on a 7g planted tank and this forum has been extremely helpful.

Forums are great because they cover virtually every topic and you can get a multitude of opinions on all topics. The down side is that you get a multitude of opinions and to a beginner that can be daunting!

I wanted to see if anyone would be open to some sort of pen pal style or mentor style coaching/advice. It wouldn't be too extensive but I thought that it could be fun for both me and the potential 'mentor'.

So here is what I was thinking!

I just bough a 20 Long that I am extremely excited about. I've got all sorts of ideas for it and a decent budget. I was hoping to lean on someone for ongoing advice and also I would post pics throughout the ups and downs that all hobbyists experience. I would be willing to post on a journal style thread or just exchange emails with the 'mentor'. I'm very coachable and willing to learn! My basic goal is to create an iwagumi aquascape primarily planted with Dwarf Hairgrass 'Mini' and Pogos..but I'll need help along the way!

Thanks and looking forward to this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 07:39 PM
Planted Tank Guru

I think it would be better to stay in the forums. Yes, you get more answers, but you will get them.
If you just PM a single person, you might have to wait several days for an answer.

If you get several opinions it might seem overwhelming, but you can always ask for clarification, and more details.

For most aquarium questions there is not one single answer, anyway.
DaveK and DaveK like this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Okay that sounds good.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 09:10 PM
Wannabe Guru

I would also add that a single person, even of an expert, will usually give you their way of doing things. Posting on the forum gives you everyone's ways of doing things. Often one solution might be better for you tank compared to another. Both might be correct and both may have areas where one is much better than another.
proper.noun and proper.noun like this.

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode