where 2 start.. - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question where 2 start..

i just decided 2 take up growing fish as a hobby... and i dont know where 2 start. hope u guys can help me out
well i got a 35 gallon tank, which is pretty old and havnt been used for over a yr and here the question i want 2 know..
1) i still got those small rock in the tank about 2 1/2 in high... i wanna know how high should it b for a planted tank and how am i suspose 2 clean the tank? wat do i need 2 clean? would it b easier if i go buy new rocks? lol
2) what equipment do i need? if so can u tell me the exact requirement equipment i need? like wat kind of filter i need for da size of tank i got?
3) After i finish cleaning the tank, how do i start planting the plant? do i just buy the plant and put it in? just like that? or is dere a special way 2 do it?
4) wen should i start puttin the fish in? same time as the plant?
5) does fish tank make alot of noise? cuz im puttin this tank in my room ... if it those make alot of noise is dere away i can minimize the noise??

im really new 2 this so i appreciate it if u take me as a dummy and explaining stuff in details
well i hope u guys reply n help me out really really appreciated ^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)
Hello IVIeRcY! Welcome to the board!

Before we get ahead of ourselves, I think the first thing I would do is set that aquarium outside and fill it up just to be sure it still holds water. it would be a shame to get it in the house, set it up, and find out it is leaking!

Mike

i

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Hi momotaro thank you for replying
my tank is in good condition i dont think it will leak hehe

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 02:37 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (65/100%)
Make sure it doesn't leak. Water in the yard or on the driveway is no problem. Water on the hardwood or in the carpet is a problem.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 12:22 PM

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
im really new 2 this so i appreciate it if u take me as a dummy and explaining stuff in details
There are no dummies, I prefer the term "Novice"... LOL

If I were you I would take a few nights and read these forums... you will be surprised how much you can learn in a few days...everything from equiptment, water parameters and "Lessons Learned" are discussed here at length.

Get a game plan before diving in and your new hobby will be fun instead of a heart breaking, money wasting venture. Also look at some photos to get an idea of what you like and we can start from there...

Good Luck and welcome to the forum...

Tags
None

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode