The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Satellite + warranty void without glas lid!!
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 12:41 PM
rick dale
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duque View Post
So, I made my shift to LED's with the Satellite + series. I loved it so much that I bought another 8 lights for all of my aquariums over two years. I even convinced the local pet store to replace all of their fluorescent lights with the Satellite + system. They're using over 50 of them.

My last purchase was a 48" Satellite + which died after 6 months. It started with red lights going on, then blue color shifts appearing in random places, and finally nothing.

I called Ken's to replace it and they said they couldn't replace the light, due to it being over an open aquarium (*Just as in ALL of the CURRENT USA promotional photographs). I was told that if I didn't use a cover on the aquarium, that the Current USA warranty would be considered void. After asking them where it was mentioned in the warranty (which I read, and reread, and reread, ...) and the lady said she "didn't know where, but it's in there".

I called Current USA, multiple times, only to get "leave a message", for weeks.
I wrote to Current USA. ...and never got a response.

The weeks of trying turned into months and by then, the warranty had expired.

I don't know if anyone else experienced this, but I just wanted to post a "heads up". I love the lights, but am pretty angry with the company for having absolutely zero customers service and using photographs in promotional material which apparently void the warranty.
Hate to hear this. I bought a sat plus pro that I am using over an open top tank. Guess when it goes out I will go with something different.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome