The Planted Tank Forum banner

Emersed Fun (pic warning)

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  BettaBettas 
#1 ·
Here's my emersed plant rack, I figured I would make a journal for it so i can ask any questions as they come up. It's nothing crazy yet just some odds and ends I put together to try and see what i could grow, mostly cuttings from my tanks and a few impulse buys I don't have room for lol.

So far I have:
Hc Cuba
Anubias nana
Bacopa caroliniana
Rotala indica
Cryptocoryne wendtii
Cryptocoryne undulata
Staurogyne repens
Alternanthera reineckii 'purple'

All except the Hc just growing in leftover aquasoil and plain tap water. There's heating mats underneath to keep the temps up and i let them air out and give em a mist every couple days, pretty simple.

Here's the rack

One side is all cuttings that I'm used to growing

The other is all stag repens and A. reineckii 'purple', I've just got my first batch of cuttings from the intial store bought plants.

Instead of throwing out my Hc trimmings is just netted them and spread them across the soil, no planting just basically threw em in to see what would happen.

About a week and a bit later...

Here's all the initial plants/cuttings, quite a lot of growth in some already

Everything is growing well exept the rotala seems to be having trouble fully converting to its emersed form. I wanna try more with soil now that I am out of aquasoil, it seems like the plain aquasoil and water is missing something.

What do ya think??

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks ppl! I added another tub to the rack, threw in some random crypts we can try to I'd later lol. Also added some java ferns, rotala, dwarf sag and some mystery moss.

This time I used a soil mix, I want to see if it's better than using aquasoil, certainly cheaper :)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.