The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Finnex Planted+ 24/7
View Single Post
post #426 of (permalink) Old 05-31-2015, 02:38 AM
mattinmd
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_ View Post
I have a 6ft tank, can I somehow connect two lights together so I can have one 24/7 schedule control both lights? I'd rather not have two lights that changed brightness 3 seconds apart from each other because the timing of getting them on the exact same schedule would be near impossible. Thanks in advance!

Edit - Actually now that i think of it, i guess one remote would actually control both lights, correct? So then you could set them at the exact same time?
To answer your earlier question, there is no way to link them...

However, you are almost certainly correct that one remote can set the two lights at the same time, just put their sensors near each other and use one remote... I'll admit I haven't actually done this, but I can't see why it wouldn't work as they all seem to be using the same remote codes.

There's a chance that if you do it far enough away, one will receive the setting and the other won't, but if you only see one blink, you know what happened and can walk closer and reset both.

Once set, the 24/7 fixtures will, over time, drift apart somewhat, based on small errors in their crystals, just as any pair of digital clocks will..

That said, I think they'd have to drift pretty far apart in time for the difference to be noticeable except maybe at 3am-ish timeframes when it goes from red 10% + blue 10% to just blue 10%... Those levels were too small to measure with my PAR meter at 7.5 inches, thus aren't in my graph, but you are basically dropping by half at that timeframe.

Other than at these low-intensity early-morning timeframes, the changes in light levels are pretty subtle to the human eye..

You can look at the graph I did of the time-ranges that actually registered on my meter (click for larger)

Or check out my time-lapse of it running:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J10MIv4YIXI

New to planted tanks, avid gardener/tinkerer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fluval C4 + Quietflow 30, Finnex Planted+ with
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, low-tech.
10 gallon secondary tank with Finnex stingray with
, AC20, low tech

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome