Java Moss /Baby Tear - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Smile Java Moss /Baby Tear

I can't seem to find these guys at the LFS... I've been offered moss balls, but I'm looking to create a wall/carpet.... any links or places around Houston I can drive to? I don't mind ordering online, I just don't know where to order from. Figured someone may have a certain website they have used and like.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 07:50 AM
Algae Grower

i know you can make it from the plastic mesh sheets walmart sells in there crafting/sewing sections. spread out the moss inside then sandwich it with another sheet and then zip tie the edges
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Thanks!! I ended up going to a different LFS and spoke with one of the guys there who said they rarely get java moss. Ended up selling a java moss ball for $4. Think I'm gonna let it just grow wild and then hope to start my wall then I also picked up some pygme chain sword.... hopefully it will latch on to my gravel subtracted and make its carpet.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 03:45 PM
Algae Grower

Java Moss

You can order online from Aquabid.com
Time Left 05 days 11 hours +
Currently $10.99 - No reserve Started Tue Nov 17 2015 - 10:29:41 PM CDT
Starting Price $10.99 Ends Tue Nov 24 2015 - 10:29:41 PM CDT
# of Bids 1 (Bid History)

Seller Themukey (76/78) (View All Seller's Auctions or This Category) Location Fairfax VA 22033 United States (View Seller's Feedback)

(Search Feedback Forum about Seller)

(Ask Seller a Question)

(Report this Auction)

High Bidder Plokitiger (1/1)

Page Views 31

Payment Money Orders/Cashiers Check, See Item Description, PayPal
AquaBid.com does not recommend payment via Western Union, Moneygram or other instant cash transfer services (non-bank, point-to-point cash transfers).

Shipping Will Ship to United States Only Buyer Pays Fixed Amount, See Item Description

Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item. You should contact the seller to resolve any questions before bidding. Currency is U.S. dollars (US$).

Description
You are bidding on this carpet of java moss. Winner to pay $7.00 priority mail shipping. You can use your credit card through PayPal.

Bid History:

BiddersBid TimeBidCommentsPlokitiger (1/1) Wed Nov 18 2015 - 11:56:31 PM CDT$10.99

Currency Converter
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 03:47 PM
Planted Member

An online retailer I use is Han Aquatics. He has yet to send me any bad plants. Decently priced too!

I LOVE SCREEEEMPS!!!!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 12:30 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (74/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquagirl84 View Post
I can't seem to find these guys at the LFS... I've been offered moss balls, but I'm looking to create a wall/carpet.... any links or places around Houston I can drive to? I don't mind ordering online, I just don't know where to order from. Figured someone may have a certain website they have used and like.....
I have some emersed HC. Located in Austin.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 11:12 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (9/100%)
Have you reached out to anyone in the Greater Houston Aquarium Club? They are a great group in Houston, and they have a meeting scheduled for this weekend. I would think these plants would be readily available from their club members. https://www.facebook.com/groups/434360536674532/

Details on their Saturday meeting:

THAT AQUARIUM PLACE 1st year anniversary and Customer Appreciation day.

This event is dedicaded to all our customers new,old,&future to thank them for all there support.

Collecting for Toys for Tots, so bring along a toy or two and we will have some folks come out and collect them while we are there!

Raffles tickets you do not have to be present to win
For every $10.00 you spend @ THAT AQUARIUM PLACE you will receive 1 raffle ticket
For raffles for this event.
Raffles for tanks, dry goods , fish packs , corals packs and more

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislewistx View Post
Have you reached out to anyone in the Greater Houston Aquarium Club? They are a great group in Houston, and they have a meeting scheduled for this weekend. I would think these plants would be readily available from their club members. https://www.facebook.com/groups/434360536674532/

Details on their Saturday meeting:

THAT AQUARIUM PLACE 1st year anniversary and Customer Appreciation day.

This event is dedicaded to all our customers new,old,&future to thank them for all there support.

Collecting for Toys for Tots, so bring along a toy or two and we will have some folks come out and collect them while we are there!

Raffles tickets you do not have to be present to win
For every $10.00 you spend @ THAT AQUARIUM PLACE you will receive 1 raffle ticket
For raffles for this event.
Raffles for tanks, dry goods , fish packs , corals packs and more
I found them on FB, and saw their event post this evening. Wish I would have gotten online sooner to see it! Would have been super awesome to attend and meet a few fellow people!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2015, 05:22 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by j03yYunG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquagirl84 View Post
I have some emersed HC. Located in Austin.
I was able to find some, finally! Had to call around all over Houston and even got a pygme chain sword too! Thanks for your help EVERYONE!! :-)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 05:22 PM
Algae Grower

I'm looking for some Java moss too. Is it that aquarium place that I need to look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 08:44 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Petsmarts here always have Java moss...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode