9-10" Chocolate Pleco Free to Good Home (DFW) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
9-10" Chocolate Pleco Free to Good Home (DFW)

I recently got a full grown 9-10" chocolate pleco from a friend. He had owned the Pleco for 5 years, but got out of the aquarium hobby. I took in the Pleco, but I don't really have the ability to care for him properly. My fish are fed primarily through autofeeders since I'm gone for a week or more at a time for work, and this guy really needs weekly fresh veggies (zucchini or the like) to be happy and healthy.

He's very hardy and healthy right now. He like to retreat under his favorite driftwood during the day, and is very active in the tank at night. He's easy to see at night because of his light coloration.

He's a Chocolate Pleco, which are also known as Rhino Plecos or Alligator Plecos. The "chocolate" ones are just lighter colored.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/common/...?species_id=80

They're basically the same to care for as common plecos, but they don't get quite as big, are a little more armored, and have more varied coloration.

He's a beige color, but is NOT albino. He has some mottled brown coloration on him as well. He's an interesting guy, has some personality to him. I like him a lot, but I'd rather see him be in a tank with someone who can better care for him. People say these guys will eat and uproot plants, but so far he hasn't done it at all to me. He did bury a little bit under his piece of driftwood, but hasn't disrupted the rest of the tank at all. At night he's usually scavenging food off the bottom, sucking on the side of the tank, or sucking on driftwood.

He's free to a good home. I travel for business a lot, so you'll have to be a little flexible on picking him up. I can deliver within a reasonable distance as well. I'm located in Richardson, just north of Dallas.

Poor cell phone pics:

Pictures don't do him justice. Hard to tell, but he has very pronounced scales with a spiky appearance on the sides. He looks a little more stout than other Pleco's I've seen. He has a very tough appearance.

Thanks for looking.

DIY Enthusiast

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PhysicsDude55; 11-11-2014 at 07:15 AM. Reason: added information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 07:26 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Do you still have him? I think I have a place for him if you do and if he still needs a new home.

He who dares to teach must never cease to learn.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

30 gallon tall, pressurized CO2...killer lights
50 gallon long, killer filtration, low tech otherwise
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 03:55 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

Sorry, I know you posted this like 2 months ago.

I put him on craigslist in December and a very nice gentleman put him in a 120g chiclid tank.

Thanks for the offer!

DIY Enthusiast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode