Looking for a fish store in San Antonio - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2014, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Looking for a fish store in San Antonio

Hi guys i just moved to S.A. and I am finding it really hard to find a fish store that has the same standards as Fish Gallery : \ ive been to aquarium adventures and the alamo pet store (both 15mins away from me) and both have lack luster stock and algae infested tanks... i really would like to buy from a clean kept up store that i know the stock was well taken care of. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know :< im really look to stock my 7g with crystal reds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 12:30 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (74/100%)
crslive has really nice CRS. They're out in houston and will ship/meet up if they're in town.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 12:53 AM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)
Theres a bunch of stores here in SA. Fintique is a great store. Cheaper then most stores. They carry fish, plants, and saltwater fish. There my go to store for just about everything.

Bump: Aquarium adventure has good sales, but your right there tanks are full of algae. They have some cool looking spider driftwood.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 04:44 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (9/100%)
You are going to have a hard time finding Crystal Reds at any of the San Antonio stores. Alamo Aquatics used to bring them in, but you've seen the state of their store now. Also, Darby's Tropical used to carry them, but the owner has passed away. For a while they were still open on Saturdays, but Im not sure if they are open on Saturdays anymore. Fintique does have a lot of stock, and most of the other stores in SA are more focused on saltwater. There is Aquadome, Aquatek, Fish Gallery, and River City Aquatics in Austin.

Salty Fish Aquarium is the newest store in town, and owned by a very nice helpful couple. We had a plant club meeting at their shop last month. He might be able to bring in some Crystal shrimp for you.

Welcome to town, and good luck. Our next club meeting is August 24th at Water Garden Gems. There will be a presentation on ponds. Also, we are going to be voting on planted bowl entries for a contest we have going on. Plus the usual plant trades and such.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Texas Aquarium Stores July 2014 rev2.pdf (172.9 KB, 4 views)

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
thanks everyone for the info : ) ill have to look up some of these stores mentioned. I actually did drive to austin to their fish gallery because I was having withdrawals xD and they said the could order them for me but I really wanted to find something local >.< :3 the club meeting looks really cool and its just before school starts so I'll probably be there ^^

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode