Large plants at Aquatek - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (11/100%)
Large plants at Aquatek

I was at Aquatek yesterday. They just got in some really nice large plants from a customer. If you are looking, you may want to check it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thanks! I appreciate the heads up. My wife and I are trying to fill out a couple new 135 gallon tanks.

Another local stock update: Aquadome has golden rabbit snails. And...we didn't buy every last one when we were there yesterday :-) Get 'em while you can.

-------------------------------------
The coolest fish I've ever owned were some fish sticks in my freezer.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 05:04 PM
Algae Grower

How much were they going for Zillion? I might make the 40 minute drive to pick some up, they're beautiful.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Algae Grower

Hi Hath,

They were/are 9.99 or if you have the AquaDome club discount they were about 9 bucks each. We purchased the last one they had about three weeks ago. It is doing well. We were ravenous to get more and put our name on their call list. They called us this past Friday and said they got another batch. We made it in on Sunday and purchased 6 additional snails. They all look great and seem healthy.

I'm guessing they had another dozen snails when we left. I would definitely call before making the drive. AquaDome is 512-442-1400. I'm not affiliated, I just have a new tank to fill and have been making the rounds to every live fish store in the Austin area.

-Zillion

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 05:42 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (74/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZillionGuppies View Post
Thanks! I appreciate the heads up. My wife and I are trying to fill out a couple new 135 gallon tanks.

Another local stock update: Aquadome has golden rabbit snails. And...we didn't buy every last one when we were there yesterday :-) Get 'em while you can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hath View Post
How much were they going for Zillion? I might make the 40 minute drive to pick some up, they're beautiful.
What are you guys looking for? I'm in Austin and I generally have good trim selection of plants every 2 weeks or so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Hi Hath,
We were ravenous to get more and put our name on their call list.
-Zillion
Thanks for the info, I definitely would call first. I think I will wait until I have my 20 long fully set up before purchasing a few. Will call and get myself on their call list though!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Planted Tank Guru

By any chance, do rabbit snails have MTS-sized babies? Last time I was in there, I asked for a bunch of MTsnails to turn over a sandbed, and a few of the snails are a rich reddish-brown and slightly different shaped. I was just wondering if I got a few tiny rabbits in there somehow.
I saw a few of those adult rabbits... They're pretty! For anyone wondering, I'd say they're probably a good addition to an aquarium of almost any kind that doesn't contain snail-eaters.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Algae Grower

I was reading that rabbit snails would eat my plants. Do you think algae wafer would keep them satisfied and away from my greens?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 12:32 AM
Algae Grower

Hi Joey,

Thanks for your offer of plant cuttings. I can't say we were looking for anything in particular. Just had new tanks to fill and were running around looking at everything.

I checked out your tank journals. Your 125 with the discus looks SWEET!

Last edited by ZillionGuppies; 02-07-2014 at 12:49 AM. Reason: spellling
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 12:37 AM
Algae Grower

Hi Hath,

I haven't noticed our rabbit snails munching on any of our plants. They did eat -some- algae. I've fed them spirulina wafers but they seem to prefer Hikari Sinking Carnivore Pellets. I've been meaning to make up a batch of snail jello but I haven't gotten up the nerve yet

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2014, 06:27 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (74/100%)
Quote:
Hi Joey,

Thanks for your offer of plant cuttings. I can't say we were looking for anything in particular. Just had new tanks to fill and were running around looking at everything.

I checked out your tank journals. Your 125 with the discus looks SWEET!
thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode