San Antonio anything.... - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
San Antonio anything....

Just looking for anyone in San Antonio, Texas selling shrimps, plants and fish to stock my planted tank.
Looking to attend tropical fish conventions.
I’m on a budget so private breeders or anyone selling would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 04:22 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)
Just moved to San Antonio as well. I have been here a month now and have found the best freshwater selection at Salty Fish Aquarium. There is a San Antonio Aquatic Plant Club facebook page. I saw someone there selling cherry shrimp at a price far below what the local shops are selling them for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 03:06 AM

Not new to SA, but new to aquariums

Fintique has been my go to place. They have extremely reasonable prices compared to big box stores, and really great selection. I even picked up an odd size aquarium there, their last 33 long, great for planting since I didn't want to shell out the cash for a really powerful light just to go through water I wasn't going to use! Trying out a mega-nano (is that a thing?) tank, lots of space but no fish bigger than an inch.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 10:18 PM

I should add they have a 'various neocardina' tank that I got all my first generation cherries from. 3 bucks for them when you buy some amount. I think they were all females, so extremely bright color for cheap, with the side effect of me needing to locate some males. They had other colors as well but really tiny so not ready for a home yet. Only place I've been able to get Amanos at but they've been out the last two times I went. Shame because I need like 10 of the little guys!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode