The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - Where is all the iron going? Keep adding more?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Linwood
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond S. View Post
But the EI dosing recommendation is .5 ppm on your type of Fe.
Well, that's a good example of what concerns me. The EI Daily recommendation appears to call for only half the iron I am already dosing.

PPS-Pro is about half that.

So I am already way higher than these regimes call for, yet after 24 hours it is virtually all gone.

That's why I am asking about how it should behave -- maybe I should not expect to see any on a test in 24 hours?

Incidentally, I do not have any obvious iron deficiencies, however, I do have more nitrates than I think I should, which leads me to wonder if I am nutrient limited somewhere causing the plants not to take up as much nitrates as they should. I did have some potassium deficiencies (at least I think they were) and doing some math realized that was likely, and have been adding more.

I also had GSA problems and started adding more and more phosphate until I got that up to a reasonable number (around 1.5-2) and the GSA is better.

But Iron is at least in theory just a micro, but I seem to be shoveling it in pretty hard, and want to know if I'm off base in how I am looking/testing?

Linwood

Latest tank build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome