The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - not enough co2 or too much light or ferts unbalanced?
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 06:22 PM
Kathyy
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (35/100%)
Agree, that link is extremely helpful.

I think the plants are hungry. If you double dose the PPS for just a week you will see happier plants. Then mix up an EI type dose once your bottles are empty. I dose dry once a day from little containers I refill once a week during the water change. GSA is much diminished with more phosphorus, I dose 3x the amount used in the basic EI formula.

Never had any problem with increased algae from more nutrients. Perhaps a high nitrate reading is a problem because could be due to a dirty filter and debris in the tank itself, not because you are overdosing it. I did have 'high' phosphate one time there was zero nitrate in the tank. Using Phosguard to remove phosphate didn't solve the problem GW at the time but adding nitrate did.

Also check your water's hardness. I had stunted Rotala due to a magnesium deficiency. A planted tank needs some hardness to it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

River Bank

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MOP* Nano

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome