Nashville Area Aquatic Gardener's Club (and starting your own!) - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-02-2008, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (62/100%)
Send a message via AIM to eyebeatbadgers
Nashville Area Aquatic Gardener's Club (and starting your own!)

I'd like to start a group of local folks in the Nashville area to swap plants and old war (algae) stories I've been pm'ing a few folks here on the forum, and it seems like there could be enough interest for a group meeting every two or three months. If you're interested, here's the yahoo group link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NAAGC/

I've also got a Craigslist ad up in the Nashville site, and plan on seeing if Aquatic Critter would be willing to let me put a sign up in their store too, whenever I have time to drive down there.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by eyebeatbadgers; 10-03-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

I'd like to note that after one day, the club already has 7 members, including myself. Placing a Craigslist ad was a great idea! If you don't have a local club in your metropolitan area, get to it!

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
The AGA will gladly send you free TAGS, PAMs, and other stuff for your first meeting. Also, we have a page on starting and maintaining a local club on our web site:

http://www.aquatic-gardeners.org/local_club.html

Best,

Cheryl Rogers

"The Aquatic Gardener" Senior Editor
AGA President
Aquatic Gardeners Association

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)
Hey eyebeatbadgers I'm interested. Funny that you posted this, as I was talking to a member on another forum about doing the same thing. I live about 5 minutes from the Aquatic Critter.

-----
Brad

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-02-2008, 08:21 PM
CL
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (79/100%)
I'll have to try to make it down there for the next meeting

-Chris

post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 04:15 AM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (208/100%)
Got a name yet?
How about Nashville Plant Klub (NPK)?
God am I clever.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-12-2008, 04:39 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

It's Nashville Area Aquatic Gardenerís Club. First meeting Nov. 22 at 7pm. Panera bread on 21st ave.

You are clever macclellan. lol

-----
Brad

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 02:54 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well, we had our first meeting tonight. lol Only me, eyebeatbadgers (dan) and his wife showed up. I'm not complaining though because I left with alot of plants thanks to Dan. People really missed out on some good plants.

-----
Brad

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 04:42 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (72/100%)
If there is a local fish club, you should check for interest among their group as well - that's how our group started.

Member of PAPAS and GPASI - Pittsburgh Area Planted Aquarium Society and Greater Pittsburgh Aquarium Society

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 05:15 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I think there is a reef club for the salt water folks, but that's it. Good idea though. I guess I could do some more research on that.

-----
Brad

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Algae Grower

I hear that the DFWAPC started with three guys -- you're off to a good start!

Cheryl

"The Aquatic Gardener" Senior Editor
AGA President
Aquatic Gardeners Association

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by macclellan View Post
Got a name yet?
How about Nashville Plant Klub (NPK)?
God am I clever.
Wow, I obviously should have consulted you about the club's name!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
Well, we had our first meeting tonight. lol Only me, eyebeatbadgers (dan) and his wife showed up. I'm not complaining though because I left with alot of plants thanks to Dan. People really missed out on some good plants.
Well, the meeting was small, but everyone got lots of plants, just like I promised!

To those of you who missed it, I had a good sampling of everything I grow up for grabs last night, and Brad won the grand prize!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylRogers View Post
I hear that the DFWAPC started with three guys -- you're off to a good start!

Cheryl
We're on the right track! I'm booking Amano for our next meeting, that should draw a couple more folks...

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyebeatbadgers View Post

We're on the right track! I'm booking Amano for our next meeting, that should draw a couple more folks...
Maybe he can bring us some shrimp.

-----
Brad

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 01:15 AM
Planted Member

Hah, I would like to join if it's not a problem, All my family lives in Nashville so I'm there at least once or twice a month, but a real reason to go home is better than none at all, so count me in Just book the meetings 2-3 weeks in advance if possible, and on a sat... u kno what, just consult me about everything... just kidding, but on a serious note, I would like to meet up with everyone to learn more and see what's out there.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Guru

Check out the link to the Yahoo group, you can catch all the latest news there. I'm planning the next meeting to be in January, I'll probably host this one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode