Places to refill Co2 tanks? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Places to refill Co2 tanks?

I am thinking about adding co2 to one of my tanks to try it out, but before I start shelling out the cash on a co2 tank I would like to know if there is a place around knoxville or a bit east of knoxville to refill a tank by refill I mean refill not a tank swap? this will determine if I shell out the money for a nice looking tank or not. Second question is if there is no refilling place where is a tank swap kind of place?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Algae Grower

Check for paintball stores or smaller sports stores. Both places in my area refill my tank.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

6' Footers Club Member

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

Look up welding supply places in your area. Also they just tank swap so I would by a cheap used tank from them instead of buying a new one.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpizzuto View Post
Check for paintball stores or smaller sports stores. Both places in my area refill my tank.
Paintball stores will generally only refill PAINTBALL tanks, not 5+#ers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzac View Post
Look up welding supply places in your area. Also they just tank swap so I would by a cheap used tank from them instead of buying a new one.
+1
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightspell View Post
Paintball stores will generally only refill PAINTBALL tanks, not 5+#ers.

+1

That could be true, mine does all sizes they have a sign advertising they fill for kegerators. paintball is not as popular as it was. Need to make money some how. I bring in my 5# that I bought as tank swap, but paintball place is easer to get to so just refill for 12 bucks.

6' Footers Club Member

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpizzuto View Post
That could be true, mine does all sizes they have a sign advertising they fill for kegerators. paintball is not as popular as it was. Need to make money some how. I bring in my 5# that I bought as tank swap, but paintball place is easer to get to so just refill for 12 bucks.
I walked into a paintball store with my 5# tank and the lady stopped mid sentence with a group of people she was talking to and said "SIR, we do NOT fill those here" in a tone of voice that would have only been appropriate if I had walked in nude with a leashed ferret wearing a party hat and holding a gas can. I left feeling ashamed and not sure why...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightspell View Post
I walked into a paintball store with my 5# tank and the lady stopped mid sentence with a group of people she was talking to and said "SIR, we do NOT fill those here" in a tone of voice that would have only been appropriate if I had walked in nude with a leashed ferret wearing a party hat and holding a gas can. I left feeling ashamed and not sure why...

That's crazy. What happened to customer service in this country?

6' Footers Club Member

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)
I use Holston Gases in Knoxville. It's on Baxter Avenue and has other locations in the area. There are other places such as AirGas with locations around Knoxville also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode