Memphis-area forum - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 02:59 AM Thread Starter

PTrader: (0/0%)
Memphis-area forum

There's a new aquarium forum for those in the Memphis area. It was thrown together as a place to plot restarting the Mid-South Aquarium Society, as well as a place for local trades, etc...

http://negative3kelvin.com/mas/

If you live nearby, please check it out and sign up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 06:06 AM Thread Starter

Talking Forum update

I went ahead and got better hosting and a separate domain. Behold:

http://memphisaquaria.org
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 07:08 AM
Planted Member

PTrader: (13/100%)
Send a message via AIM to nicksgirl7705 Send a message via MSN to nicksgirl7705 Send a message via Yahoo to nicksgirl7705
I joined =)

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-29-2006, 01:24 AM

PTrader: (3/100%)
I joined as well, but sadly there hasn't been very much activity there in the last couple of months. I would really like to see an active develop club in the Memphis area.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 01:58 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Smile Hello Memphians

I'm actually north of Memphis in Atoka, but oh my goodness I'm so glad to find local people on the net. This is great I promise to go there daily.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Talking I joined also

I joined also. The most recent post aside from mine was Jan 30th. Not a lot of action. What ashame it would be awesome to find a local fish society.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-10-2007, 03:59 AM
Algae Grower

Oh my! MEMPHIANS!
I just posted a thread on the Memphis board YAY LOCAL FISH PEOPLE!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 12:53 AM
Algae Grower

The newest store in the area isn't open yet, but it is called Memfish. It is going to be at the corner of Quince and Yorkshire. It will have a 388 gallon freshwater planted display, and carry fresh and salt water fish, equipment, etc. It will most likely be opening in Late August or early September. Just thought you'd like to know. The owner is a friend of mine.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 12:56 AM
Algae Grower

P.S. - I am the founder of the West Tennessee Marine and Reef Aquarium Club. Our website is wtmrac.org

We have well over 100 members. Maybe some of you would like to come to our meetings. All are welcome. Maybe the two clubs could be sister clubs.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 04:44 AM
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendos View Post
The newest store in the area isn't open yet, but it is called Memfish. It is going to be at the corner of Quince and Yorkshire. It will have a 388 gallon freshwater planted display, and carry fresh and salt water fish, equipment, etc. It will most likely be opening in Late August or early September. Just thought you'd like to know. The owner is a friend of mine.
Nice! I've been looking for a place that would sell plants... freshwater plants of course, but every store here so far sells all the same boring stock.
Also, do you know if Memfish is going to be selling freshwater shrimp? (Cherry, amano, etc)
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-14-2007, 05:59 PM

Any word on when Memfish will be opening?

I saw a post from June by Rendos indicating that a new LFS would be opening in late August or early September here in Memphis. I drove past the area mentioned a couple days ago, and didn't see anything. Is Memfish still going to be opening, or has the owner changed his mind? If he simply chose another location, please let us know so we can patronize him.

Thanks,

EG
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 12:37 AM

Memfish coming soon!

A reason to be happy about the fish scene in Memphis! I have seen the future and it is good. Memfish is scheduled for a grand opening October 13, with a soft opening October 2. It is in the little strip mall near the intersection of Quince and Yorkshire in the corner over near the BBQ place. I stopped by today, the door wasn't locked, so I went in and introduced myself. The place looks nice and it isn't ready for opening yet! They will have about 1/2 fresh and 1/2 salt stuff. They will carry plants, substrates, CO2 stuff, UV sterilizers, all sorts of stuff we haven't been able to buy locally. I am really excited about this place. No, I have no connection to them, and I don't benefit in any way if you shop there. They have quarantine tanks where they will quarantine stock for a minimum of 7 days. It really looks like they are doing this right, and Memphis could sure use another fish store that carried stuff other than the beginner stuff.

EcoGeek.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 01:02 AM
Algae Grower

I stopped by Memfish today, nice place and nice people
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 02:21 AM

Memfish is nice, and so is Lil John's Animall. They are very friendly and will help you special order anything they do not normally stock.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-31-2008, 08:18 PM
Algae Grower

I just joined, just waitin for my email confirmation, i am soooooo excited to meet every1!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode