No close E. Tn. clubs, wanna start one? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)
Send a message via MSN to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com Send a message via Yahoo to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com
Thumbs up No close E. Tn. clubs, wanna start one?

Hi every one,
Live in Cosby (E. Tn.) and there are no clubs close by, even with Ripley's Aquarium right here in Gatlinburg, and I would love to get something set up locally with like quarterly meetings or something. Going to post an ad on Craigslist and see what I can come up with. Doing light research on it now but am very serious and want this to happen very badly. My little town does not have much in the way of plants or fish for serious enthusiasts.

If anyone on here is interested friend me on here or something and maybe we can work together to make this happen.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/com/2383957650.html
http://knoxville.craigslist.org/grp/2380022799.html Link to the Craigslist ad I posted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech.
Updated 9-7
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

President.

Last edited by [email protected]; 05-16-2011 at 03:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (208/100%)
Hi, I'm interested. There is a local saltwater club, the East Tennessee Reef Club (ETRC: www.easttnreefclub.com), but nothing for FW/Planted. I don't have much time to dedicate to helping lead the organization, but would surely participate.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-15-2011, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com Send a message via Yahoo to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com
Ty mac, I appreciate that. There have been hardly any responses but I feel confident that we can get something going. I will be going to my lfs tomorrow and put out some flyers and things and see if that will do any good. I do have a Craigslist ad up and plan on doing something through Facebook as well as Yahoo groups and any other thing I can figure out to do. I personally know a few people that would attend but, for me, that's not enough. I want lots of members. I will send you updates whenever there are some from this forum.

Updated 9-7

President.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)
JEsus im interested but i googled maps and its kinda far for a group. im in chattanooga. lemme know what comes up and ill see what i can do

Sump Pimp #7

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 08:22 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Im in upper East TN (JC area) and am intrested. Oh also my daughter and I do some webdesign so I can handle that.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks, it is a far drive for you but if we can get this thing going we would definitely love to have you and anyone else that may be interested. Please also feel free to join our Yahoo group as well. Here you can interact with other local club members even if you cannot make the drive to meetings. You can also; post-and look at users-pics, post a comment or just read, get club info, and participate in group-only events such as contests and other things. Here's our link; ETnAC Come by and check us out!

Updated 9-7

President.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Algae Grower

Tony, thanks for the link. I just signed up.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Hi, Steve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve617 View Post
Im in upper East TN (JC area) and am intrested. Oh also my daughter and I do some webdesign so I can handle that.
Would be glad to have you, and would be awesome to have some web-design help!! I know very little, my wife knows a little more and actually setup a decent Myspace page, so any help would definitely be appreciated. I tried my hand at making a not-for-profit Facebook page and got lost before I could get the initial setup done Will probably get deleted as it is really bad, so maybe we can get together some day and try to get something set up on there. Don't forget to stop by the Yahoo group ETnAC and join there as this will most likely be the online meeting place for the future club. Oh, and lets post some things in here on each others pages and get our names out there!! When a member posts on your page be sure to go and return the favor. It will be appreciated.

Updated 9-7

President.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Algae Grower

Good idea, Tony my daughter is a great graphics designer and can make esialy nice website. I'm decent designer but my daughter's photoshop is on the professional level. (she's a digital media student and is one of the tops in her class). yes proud parent. A good website will help. Anything that can get the name out there. Probably eventually could get a chatroom also so all can join and discuss. I just posted some pics on the yahoo group. Excited.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

The banner was awesome and am anxiously waiting on our new domain name and website. I am sure these things will help us accomplish what we intend to accomplish, thank you so much.

Updated 9-7

President.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode