The Planted Tank Forum banner

Columbus low tech

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  MrsBigE 
#1 ·
Any other low tech people in columbus? Especially dirt users?

#10 ·
I guess I am technically low tech. I have BeamsWork LED lights but don't do Co2, RO etc...
I'm pretty new to fish keeping and my interest in it began when I discovered and fell in love with African Dwarf frogs.
I have 2-10 gal frog tanks and 1 planted 55 gal fish tank planted in Eco complete. I've got 23 fish in my tank (5 adult Angels, 9 Pygmy cories, 5 neon tetras and 4 balloon Mollies). I've got a few mystery snails, maybe about 4... Everyone gets along pretty well in the tank so I'm happy to leave it alone.
I didn't start out with plants, that just started a few months ago but crazy about them.... When they live. Early on, before I got the light at Christmas I lost a lot of plants to melting but doing better. I'm just learning that done things like the Aponogetons and Madagascar lace thrive in my tank while other things just won't grow, like the Val's.
After reading your posts the other day I stopped by Rivers To Reefs and picked up a few plants. Picking was scarce that day but I hit a beautiful marbled Radican Queen. I also bought 1 Val just to see if it would hold up since I got the new light.
The new store was nice and it seems theyre ramping up do I'm sure to go back and try them again.
I don't know of other places around Columbus to get plants. Any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.