Does any LFS sell plants? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question Does any LFS sell plants?

Took a long break from the hobby. Back in 2012 CritterHut in North Kingstown had a great selection of plants, but when I went in there a few weeks ago the store looks like it has really gone down hill. None of the employees asked if I needed help, and their sole plant tank was infested with algae and melt. I also checked their Wakefield store, and though the plants were healthier, they didn't have much else other than swords. They used to be *my* LFS, no longer I guess.

Does anyone know of any stores that sell quality plants? Places I've been: AquaLife in Providence, CH in NK/SK, SomethingFishy (don't even bother, they're apparently an "aquarium design" company now whose lowest priced product is $10,000. You can't buy fish, coral, or plants from them without having them design and build something for you...).

I'd be willing to drive to southern MA or eastern CT. Shipping costs are bleeding my wallet dry and for what you get online, mostly emmersed growth, it's a pain in the a** to start a new tank with them. I'd buy from the trade section on here, but again the shipping costs are too high for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 05:43 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Locally I have only found Petco in Cranston to have decent plants. The Fishbowl in WW does but I found them to look hairy. I actually just ordered some on ebay from best_aqua_bargains
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 06:29 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
It's hit or miss where I live. By far the best is to purchase from members here on the Members Forum/For Sale Trade forum. I've found the quality to be excellent plus the plants have been grown submersed. LFS plants are almost always emersed grown, and there's always seems to be a transition period with the emersed plants.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 07:17 PM
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)
What are you looking for???

Tags
lfs, plants, quality, rhode island, selection

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode