The Planted Tank Forum banner

LFS near Aurora

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  thump421 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I recently moved back into the area, and was wondering if there were any good local shops with plants around besides the usual assortment of Large Chain Stores.

So far I haven't found much but Google may be hiding something from me.

I'd appreciate some help.

Thanks

-R

#3 ·
I noticed that post in the local listings here, I'm definitely going to try to get up that way for that.

It looks like quite a lot of vendors get in there.

#4 ·
I live next door in Oswego and the only places I've found decent plants are the swap, other members tanks, and aquarium adventure in Bolingbrook. Tbh I've hardly bought anything in this hobby. It seems there's always somebody with too much of something in their tank that they're willing to share :D

#5 ·
It's nice to know people are willing to be generous in this hobby still. Thanks for the advice.

So this swap is pretty legit is it? I'll definitely try to get out there.

#6 ·
It's everything you'd want and more. Best tip is to get there early. It's a bit overwhelming when it gets busy if you don't know what you're looking for. I get there around 9-930 to meet up with other tpt members, get in, get first pick, and get out before the masses.

#10 ·
I almost posted this exact question.

I'm setting up on a 10 gallon and because of the space I'm trying to find small plants. None of the stores, I know of in the area, carry any. There's a store in Norridge that has a good selection, if you want to make the trip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.