philly area swap list. great for local pickups! - Page 207 - The Planted Tank Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #3091 of 3104 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 06:56 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Rush, I've no space for the animals in my little 29g, I'm already overstocked. I'm about 45 minutes from you in the Philly burbs, so when it comes time to sell the gear, I'd be interested. Depending on your price for the tank and stand, I may be able to sell my wife on letting me start a second tank, which has been a hard no for a while. But I don't know how I could hold your fish in health while I set up and cycled a new tank.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3092 of 3104 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 02:19 AM

I will take them.

Hi Rush3737,
I have a 55 gallon heavily planted tank that still have room. I would take the fish.
Sent you a PM.

Hope to hear from you soon.

- Summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush3737 View Post
A copy from my journal, but lots of stuff including some nice fish available:

Long time no post, and sorry, but it's not a positive update.

When I had my last 75g planted tank a move is what prompted breaking everything down and moving on, but what made that decision easy was that despite any amount of time, money, or effort I could not, for the life of me, get the CO2 part of the equation to work as it should.

Unfortunately that has happened again. I tried as best I could, and everyone here was fantastic and helpful, but at the end of the day I just could not master things. Over time I went from irritated to angry to depressed about it and eventually let the tank go "low-tech" as I just gave up on the CO2.

The good news is a good number of fish, some of which have developed into some beautiful rainbows have survived and done well. The bad news is today after a loooong overdue cleaning of my filters one of the seals went on the one and by the time I caught it I had water damage on the bottom of my stand and seeping out over the floors.

I know at this point I don't have the heart to get everything back up and running well so I'm throwing in the white flag. That said I very much want these fish to have a good new home if possible, a nice assortment of Rainbows, Burmese Border Loaches, and Snakeskin Barbs. If I can't find anyone who can move on them short term I will donate them to a local LFS. The fish wouldn't still be alive and well today if it wasn't for this place and anyone who wants them can have them freely.

After the fish are out I'll of course look to sell off the equipment, and will do liberally to anyone here, especially for local pickup or easily shipped items.

I have one good filter, plenty of media, two good 4' lights, all the CO2 stuff including a controller and extra CO2 tank, homemade reactor, 75g tank and stand, and plenty of other odds and ends.

First order is the fish though, hoping someone has a home ready for them.
post #3093 of 3104 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 06:03 PM

Help Needed!

I'm moving and can't bring my 56g planted with me

For reference it's the tank here: https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/1...anniv-56k.html
(I no longer have access to that account)

I've managed to re-home most of the fauna, but there's still 1 large angel and 2 medium plecos who need a new home. I don't know the L-number, but these plecos actually are good algae eaters!

I'd also like to sell or give away plants and equipment.
I have Anubias, Rotala, and Crypts that are all descendants of the colonies in the pictures above - almost 15 years old now!

Equipment:
Milwaukee CO2 regulator + solenoid + bubble counter
Red Sea CO2 regulator
Aqua Medic 500 CO2 reactor
2x 5lb tanks
Fluval 305 canister filter
2x LED bars
2 large driftwood stumps w/slate bottoms.

The biggest thing is the 56G tank + stand, I'll gladly give away to a good home. I'd hate to have to put that out on the street.
Located across the Ben Franklin bridge in Jersey, but I'm frequently in the city and out on the Main Line.

Let me know if you can take any of the above, or know anyone who might be interested, or know any other good places to post this. (Facebook groups seem really hit or miss.)

Last edited by Timothy Optional B; 02-24-2020 at 02:00 PM. Reason: fluval model no and angel sp., reactor model

post #3094 of 3104 (permalink) Old 02-21-2020, 06:15 PM
Algae Grower

I would love to take some or all of this, as I've been dying to start a second tank. I can possible make room for the animals, in my tank by returning fish to my LFS. The plants could shack up temporarily there too. Some of the pics from that old post are missing. Do you have shots of the whole tank and stand?

I have minimal funds for any of it, so maybe hold for a while to see if a buyer comes by....
Timothy Optional B likes this.
post #3095 of 3104 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 01:31 AM

post #3096 of 3104 (permalink) Old 02-22-2020, 06:41 PM

I also have Seachem chems, Greg Watson pmdd fert mix, and long handle tools from AZgardens.
post #3097 of 3104 (permalink) Old 02-24-2020, 02:03 PM

The plants are
crypt. wendtii
rotala indica
anubias nana

Lots of crypts and rotala. I think there are two anubias rhizomes.

The CO2 has been off for a couple years now and they've adjusted nicely to the low-tech set up.

I can try to get some better pictures up.
post #3098 of 3104 (permalink) Old 04-24-2020, 02:50 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to joon
hi
im looking for floating plants, large amount of java fern, lots of anubias,pearl weed, albino longfin or albino plecos, guppies, crs, blue dream or blue shrimps!!!
i been at home for a month setting up my tanks... all of my tanks running about two weeks by now

Irocjr and nightpaws like this.

Last edited by joon; 04-24-2020 at 03:11 AM. Reason: added more
post #3099 of 3104 (permalink) Old 04-26-2020, 10:11 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
Im jelly very nice tank setup hehe
post #3100 of 3104 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 12:29 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to joon
thank you
i am looking for co2 setup
using diy co2 lol
post #3101 of 3104 (permalink) Old 04-27-2020, 03:50 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I have a less-than-year old aluminum CO2 tank and a GLA GRO-1 regulator that I will be getting rid of if you can wait a few weeks. I actually sent it back to GLA to have them tune it up before selling it so that the buyer gets a perfectly functioning regulator. PM me if you're interested.

Bump:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joon View Post
thank you
i am looking for co2 setup
using diy co2 lol
I have a less-than-year old aluminum CO2 tank and a GLA GRO-1 regulator that I will be getting rid of if you can wait a few weeks. I actually sent it back to GLA to have them tune it up before selling it so that the buyer gets a perfectly functioning regulator. PM me if you're interested.

My Tank Journal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3102 of 3104 (permalink) Old 06-04-2020, 01:09 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

I have an OASE BioMaster Thermo 250 filter that I am no longer using (I drilled my tank for a sump setup). I've replaced all of the foam filters in it and it has a relatively new impeller (~3-4 months). I'm looking for about half of what it sells for new. PM me if you're interested.

My Tank Journal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3103 of 3104 (permalink) Old 08-26-2020, 06:02 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
20200825_132531.jpg

Looking to move the aquarium in my office at work. Itís a 20 gallon tall and has been running for Iím guessing at least 6 years. The business has been sold so it needs to go somewhere and I donít want to take it home so hopefully there is someone interested. it's located in the NE Philadelphia area. There is nothing wrong with the tank, itís just so dialed in right now and I donít really want to deal with taking it all apart, putting it back together and getting everything back to where it is now. I also donít know where I would put it in my home anyway. Here is a list of everything I have:

Equipment
Standard 20 gallon tall tank
20 gallon stand
Sponge filter & air pump
Finnex Planted + 24/7 fully automated Aquarium LED controller, 24inch with remote

Substrate:
Soil capped with black sand

Plants:
1 Amazon sword
Dwarf Sag
Java Moss
Subwassertang
Hornwort
1 Buce plant (sorry donít remember the kind)
Floating plants (blanking on the name, will edit in when I remember)
Duckweed (shakes fist angrily in the air)
1pc of Pothos

Stocking:
Assorted Platies (overstocked, way too many to count)
Yellow Tiger Endlers (overstocked, way too many to count)
1-2 Amano shrimp, I lost track of them but I know at least 1 is left
1 orange shrimp
Approximately 1 bajillion Ramshorn snails (seriously donít take any plants if you donít like snails)
While I donít see too many these days Iím pretty such there are quite a few MTS as well

Other items:
1 decent size pc of spiderwood
2 coconut caves
1 fake stone cave
1 bottle flourish
1 bottle excel
1 bottle trace
4 packs of frozen foods, 3 containers and mostly full
Lots of frozen baby brine shrimp snails and a small hatchery
1 bottle vita chem
1 small net that has only been used on this aquarium (so you know there is no cross contamination issues)

Looking up the light which is probably the most valuable item here it sells for about $100 so I am thinking that I am going to start this at that price for the entire lot. I can break this up is necessary but Iíd rather just get this all done as quickly and easily as possible. If you are willing to take some of the burden off of me with donít at least some of the work involved here like catching the fish, and taking this thing apart then I will be willing to be very flexible with the price. No reasonable offer will be ignored.
post #3104 of 3104 (permalink) Old 10-05-2020, 07:16 PM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by n25philly View Post
Attachment 902449

Looking to move the aquarium in my office at work. Itís a 20 gallon tall and has been running for Iím guessing at least 6 years. The business has been sold so it needs to go somewhere and I donít want to take it home so hopefully there is someone interested. it's located in the NE Philadelphia area. There is nothing wrong with the tank, itís just so dialed in right now and I donít really want to deal with taking it all apart, putting it back together and getting everything back to where it is now. I also donít know where I would put it in my home anyway. Here is a list of everything I have:

Equipment
Standard 20 gallon tall tank
20 gallon stand
Sponge filter & air pump
Finnex Planted + 24/7 fully automated Aquarium LED controller, 24inch with remote

Substrate:
Soil capped with black sand

Plants:
1 Amazon sword
Dwarf Sag
Java Moss
Subwassertang
Hornwort
1 Buce plant (sorry donít remember the kind)
Floating plants (blanking on the name, will edit in when I remember)
Duckweed (shakes fist angrily in the air)
1pc of Pothos

Stocking:
Assorted Platies (overstocked, way too many to count)
Yellow Tiger Endlers (overstocked, way too many to count)
1-2 Amano shrimp, I lost track of them but I know at least 1 is left
1 orange shrimp
Approximately 1 bajillion Ramshorn snails (seriously donít take any plants if you donít like snails)
While I donít see too many these days Iím pretty such there are quite a few MTS as well

Other items:
1 decent size pc of spiderwood
2 coconut caves
1 fake stone cave
1 bottle flourish
1 bottle excel
1 bottle trace
4 packs of frozen foods, 3 containers and mostly full
Lots of frozen baby brine shrimp snails and a small hatchery
1 bottle vita chem
1 small net that has only been used on this aquarium (so you know there is no cross contamination issues)

Looking up the light which is probably the most valuable item here it sells for about $100 so I am thinking that I am going to start this at that price for the entire lot. I can break this up is necessary but Iíd rather just get this all done as quickly and easily as possible. If you are willing to take some of the burden off of me with donít at least some of the work involved here like catching the fish, and taking this thing apart then I will be willing to be very flexible with the price. No reasonable offer will be ignored.

FYI, I'm going to break this down most likely by the end of the month, so if anyone wants to make an offer let me know while you still can. Price is negotiable

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode