Yard Sale - NW Philly 'burbs - Lots of Aquarium Equipment - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)
Yard Sale - NW Philly 'burbs - Lots of Aquarium Equipment

Hi all - our neighborhood here in the northwest Philly burbs is having our yearly yard sale on Saturday April 16th. I'm also in the process of upgrading to a larger tank and need to raise some cash and make some room - so I'll be putting out a lot of aquarium supplies from previous tanks.

Here's a sampling of things that will be out:

ADA Mini L tank
Aqueon 25 gallon tank (~ 24x12x20)
20 Gallon High tank
10 gallon tank
Hagen Glo T5 HO fixture (24") with bulbs
Finnex Ray 2 (24")
Eheim Ecco Pro 2232 filter
5lb steel CO2 tank (last inspection stamp looks to be in 2009)
Miscellaneous driftwood and rocks

Assuming I get the old tank disassembled by the 16th, I'll also have:
ADA 60P (high clarity glass) tank
Hydor 200 watt (1/2") inline heater
36w Archaea power compact clip on light

There's other misc. aquarium stuff and I imagine I'll have some extra fissidens fontanus as well for cheap or free with purchase.

Some of the tanks have minor scratches, but overall the equipment is in used but well maintained condition.

The yard sale itself is a pretty big event and usually has over a dozen families participating - so lots of good stuff to look at outside of aquarium supplies - if you're in to that sort of thing

Date of the sale is Saturday, April 16th in Devon. On South Valley Forge Rd. We're about a block from the Horse Show.

If you plan to stop by or are looking for anything specific, shoot me a PM. There will be a rain date the following week if the weather is not cooperative.

Hope to see you there!

Last edited by DMtankd; 04-03-2016 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Wrong ADA tank size was listed. Fixed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Updated list below with some pricing - pictures to come - based on requests from a number of folks. I am looking for Staurogyne repens, this monte carlo stuff everyone is talking about, or limno aromatica and willing to trade.

ADA Mini L tank - $60
ADA 60P (high clarity glass) tank - $80 - some scratches on front panel
Aqueon 25 gallon tank (~ 24x12x20) - $10
20 Gallon High tank - $5
Hagen Glo T5 HO fixture (24") with bulbs - $25
Finnex Ray 2 (24") - $70
Eheim Ecco Pro 2232 filter - $50
5lb steel CO2 tank (last inspection stamp looks to be in 2009) - $15
Hydor 200 watt (1/2") inline heater - $20
36w Archaea power compact clip on light - $50
Miscellaneous driftwood and rocks - pictures to come. $75 for all the Manzanita or $5-10 each for piecemeal. Gave plantbrain $100 for the whole batch of Manzanita a few years back and never used a stick.
Cal Aqua Clip Nano Drop Checker - $20

Also have some nano tank size lily pipes and a fully assembled CO2 setup (Matheson dual stage reg, alum 5lb tank, jbj style drop checker, Milwaukee ma955 solenoid) that I might consider getting rid of.

Prices are pretty firm, particularly for the ADA tanks. They're listed for half or less of what they'd cost new + shipping and I know that someday I'll want to set up another tank.

I've torn down the 60p but left the Fidssidens and some crypts in the tank. No heater, no CO2. Assuming they make it until the 16th prices will be:
Driftwood covered in Fissidens (pic to come) - $50 or Fissidens will be sold in golf ball portions for $8 each. Crypts = free to good home. Pond snails also free to good home

Since a few folks have asked - official neighborhood yard sale start is 8am on the 16th. Aquarium stuff goes on sale at 8:30am.

Send me PM's if questions.

Dan
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

First tank with wood and plants in it is the 60p - you can also see the Archaea light and the nano drop checker. Tank will be empty by the sale. The wood with fissidens and crypts will also be available.

2nd tank is the mini L.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160407_184959 - Copy (2).jpg (79.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20160407_184648 - Copy (2).jpg (38.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 20160407_184752 - Copy (2).jpg (64.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20160407_185147 - Copy (2).jpg (78.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 20160407_184442 - Copy (2).jpg (68.2 KB, 6 views)

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-09-2016, 04:51 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
This is not fair......you're posting pictures as I try to dial back and get away from my addiction....My MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome) is not getting any better. No help from you....

Tanks look great!!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Ha! Sorry to contribute to the temptation. I'm trying to fool myself out of mine by setting up one big new tank and selling all the old ones while I'm still too busy with the new setup.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Hi all - looks like 65 and sunny for the sale this weekend. Everything listed will be available. I keep thinking of other random things that I may not put out but have and would get rid of cheap (~ 15lb bag's worth of washed flourite left over from the new tank setup). If you do stop by, let me know if there is something specific you're looking for - I might just not have bothered to pull it out of the basement!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

OK, one last post on this before the sale tomorrow. 18 families participating at last count. We're near intersection of Valley Forge and Chester, on Valley Forge. I plan to have aquarium stuff out by about 8:30. Hope to see you there!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (73.0 KB, 3 views)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 07:05 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
May stop by if I am not doing anything but I'm in Lower Bucks and that's a drive...

I'd love those ADA tanks, the T5 light.....Now as I look at the list I may have to make the drive just to pick thru the driftwood......

Bump: What are good spots around there to grab breakfast? Anything small business owned? Not your typical IHOP or Perkins.....
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Planted Member

Two places that we frequent on the street that intersects ours:
Black Cat Cafe - 42 Berkely Road, Devon PA 19333. Quaint little place run by volunteers. All proceeds go to pet rescue. Don't think they open until 9 though.
Devon Bagel - 6 Berkley Rd, Devon, PA 19333. Open at 6am. Good bagels and donuts. They make a mean bacon egg and cheese.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 12:54 AM
Wannabe Guru

Why do two great opportunities to get nice stuff have to occur on the weekend I'm leaving for a trip. A swap meet and you selling an ADA tank. I'm so mad

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode