Any Cleveland area shops? - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-06-2014, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Any Cleveland area shops?

I live in avon lake and am having a hard time finding a good planted aquarium shop. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014, 05:46 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKolod View Post
I live in avon lake and am having a hard time finding a good planted aquarium shop. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I know you live in Avon, but there is a shop called Jurassic Aquatics in Mayfield Heights. I believe they opened about a year ago.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (14/100%)
Just went to Cleveland yesterday, stopped into two stores. RMS aquaculture 6629 Engle Rd #108, Middleburg Heights, OH 44130 and Something Fishy 4764 State Rd, Cleveland, OH 44109. RMS is ok lots of plants but nothing really stem wise or exotic, swords, cryps etc. Livestock was okish. Maybe a step up from petsmart or petco. Something Fishy doesn't have a whole lot of plants but if your into cichlids, WOW. I coulda have stayed for hours in there. Specializing in africans but all sorts of varieties. Even got 20 green neon tetras there. Next time i'm in Cleve i'll try some other spots.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2014, 09:43 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (15/100%)
I've yet to find a petstore in the Cleveland/Akron are with a decent selection.

Pearling is a girl's best friend

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 10:41 PM
Algae Grower

What's up guys.. So I'm new to the hobby and the forum but I've got plenty of local information. I visit the pet stores everyday, yes everyday. Every store so far has a selection of plants, small but it's still a selection.

I just went to RMS they're running low on stock but on march 31st they will be getting an order of plants. Java and willow moss on 4-9-14.

The pets supplies plus in fairlawn has a lovely range of plants with awesome sale prices. I got swords, Anubias, dwarf baby tears and a few more plants for $2.58 each. That is the best deal I've seen yet and maybe still happening, although I took lot of the stock I left plenty behind.

Two turtles in Akron is lowly stocked right now as well only a few wisterias and hornwort. But they received a shipment of driftwood which no one on this list really has.

Petsmart in cuyahoga and montrose are running low as well and they only have gel cloned plants and Marimo balls costing $2. They have a huge sale on fish right now as well.

Fish city pets in Barberton is run by a family woman and she has java moss, lace, hornwort, jungle val and a few more and she has good prices. She's very nice and it'll be awesome if you can bring business to her as she is in a smaller town.

Good luck on your hunt. If you need any updates let me know. I'm 30 years old and retired so I have plenty of time to drive around.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 01:29 AM
Algae Grower

You forgot Pets General Store in Lakewood. Mopani is $2.99 a pound, they usually have a lot of plants. They do get some of their stock from local breeders. Not much though.

You could drop by a meeting of CAS, or look them up on the yahoo groups first. If someone who has plants or fish you want knows before a meeting, they may bring a selection for you...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode