LED Lights - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
LED Lights

Jungle Dawn® Aquatics

These screw-in LEDS currently come in two sizes and work with any standard lamp socket. They come in a 14" 15 watt Model and the 17" 20 watt Model. What is so unique about these LED lights is they are a cross between a LED bulb/ LED bar and they are self contained, meaning they do not need a transformer! The LED Drivers are built right inside! These lights still have our mixed diodes of warm and cool white LEDs for a light spectrum of 6700K. Whats new about these Jungle Dawns® LEDs though is the mixed diodes. They have separate BLUE and RED diodes to enhance color and photosynthesis in plants. Also the true blue and red diodes help make color "POP" in the aquarium. These come with a one year guarantee on materials and workmanship as well.

Some things to keep in mind when using them is that they are longer than any other screw in bulb out there! So using them in hoods is something that needs to be considered. In some hoods they will fit tightly into and some hoods may need modifications at the customers discretion to make them fit. Also, please keep in mind, AS WITH ANY LED PRODUCT, great care must be taken to ensure sure they have good ventilation and ample air flow (convection) around them so they stay cooler and can radiate heat properly from their ribbed aluminium body. The cooler you can have ANY LED product running, the longer it will last.

These lights I think are priced fairly competitive as well:

$59.99- 15 watt LED 10 available
$74.99 for the 20 watt LED 20 availiable

I placed two of the 15 watt LEDs over a 20L and had no issues carpeting Glosso or Baby's Tears in the aquarium. Also provided enough light to grow Med light plants in a 24" tall tank. I never tried high light plants in a 24" tall tank with them yet either but will share once I do. Attached below is a picture of the LEDs as well and feel free to post any questions. I do hope to have PAR ratings by April on these as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (55.5 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-06-2014, 06:22 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

What excatly are the colors and NM values for each wave length?
What "brand" of leds are they? Cree? Epistar? ect.
Are they 450ma or 700ma?
Photos of the lights in use over the tank?

Thanks.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-08-2014, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxboy View Post
What excatly are the colors and NM values for each wave length?
What "brand" of leds are they? Cree? Epistar? ect.
Are they 450ma or 700ma?
Photos of the lights in use over the tank?

Thanks.
The Red diodes are 660 +/- nm and the Blue are 440 +/- nm.
The white diodes are mixed white day light
The white Diodes are Bridgelux brand. The colored are a custom brand.

The lumen output for the 15w is 1400 - 1500 lumen

The lumen for the 20w is 1800 - 2000 lumen

I will have PAR readings on them come April but I have just tested them over my personal aquariums with great success and a few other people I allowed to test them had the same experience.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode