The Planted Tank Forum - View Single Post - 29 gal - trimming tips and advice needed
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 12:36 AM
@[email protected]
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)
looks like rotala rotundifolia. very nice plant, its easy, and common, but that doesnt take away from its beauty.

trim and replant. i would do it 1/3 of the way down from the surface. the bottom will grow new tops (if the conditions are good, many will grow 2 sideshoots, or occasionally a few will grow more).

i suggest you check your CO2 ppm. a common way is to compare the ph and kh (this is what a drop checker does, but you can do it yourself using a chart online, use google). bps means very little, its the content in the water that counts, and that is ppm. it should be 20-30 if you have fish. it can be over 30 if you dont (a lot of fish can handle more than 30ppm, but i dont like to test their limits).

java ferns grow slow. dont worry. even big java ferns in great setups still only give a few leaves a month (and bigger ferns grow faster).

id put in a foreground. if your substrate is good, most will work in that tank. glosso is easy and grows fast and looks great. dwarf hairgrass and chain sword grow a bit taller, but are also easy and nice. HM, HC, and such are also great.

for a background you have so many choices, i reccomend you just look a tanks and see what you like. i could list choice until tomorrow and still wouldnt be done.

My Tanks:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
-
-

Eheim Pimp #296
Canon Pimp #67

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome