Liberty CO2 Refill - The Planted Tank Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (25/100%)
Liberty CO2 Refill

Hello all, I know this was mentioned before however I just wanted to let everyone know that the guys at Liberty are great!

I purchased a new 10 lb. Aluminum Co2 Tank to have filled/refilled as needed for the aquarium but I didn't want to travel too far to get it done. Everyone near me all told me that they don't refill but only swapped.

I didn't want to lose my brand new 10 lb. Aluminum Tank to a trade or swap so when I got to Liberty, I explained my situation to them. I was told that they didn't refill but reassured me that I can swap my tank for a filled CO2 tank and the next time I came in to swap they would have my personal tank filled and ready for me. They had me fill out a slip and tagged my aluminum tank with it so it wouldn't be use or swapped with anyone but me .

Well, its been a while (a few months) and its time to swap.

Well, I got there this morning at about 8:30 and told the guy at the loading dock that my personal tank had my name on it and it should be filled and ready to go. I gave the gentleman my name and sure enough he pulled it out and handed it to me. I went inside to the counter, told the guy about the great service and paid for the refill. The guy gave me extra washers although you get a free washer with the refill he also gave me extra upon request with no complaints.

1. There was no extra charge having my personal tank swapped out for a filled tank. Just the regular $20 charge for the filled tank.
2. I walked in, swapped tanks and I'm out in less than 3 minutes. No lines, no wait!
3. They are familiar with the hobby so its o.k to go in there asking about CO2 for planted tanks.
4. They are extremely friendly and flexible, willing to work with you.
5. They are open on Saturdays .
6. Parking isn't a problem.

I have absolutely nothing to gain from this post but when good service is provided, its worth mentioning to fellow hobbyist. The information to Liberty Gases is provided below.

Liberty Industrial Gases and
Welding Supply, Inc.
600 Smith Street
Brooklyn, NY 11231

Phone: 1-718-596-0060
Fax: 1-718-488-0781
Email: [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2012, 03:28 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)
Thank you Dantra, this helps me a whole lot.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
Has anyone ever taken the train their before?

The grass isn't always greener in the other tank.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (10/100%)
The only place I use, for all the reasons Dantra mentioned: fast, friendly, parking and open on Saturday.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 12:55 AM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)
Went to pick up my 10lb today, very satisfied.. Even use the parking to make a small fix on my car

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (60/100%)
Big apple welding supplies can do refill or swap of #10 for $15, they are located at 3rd ave and 47th st. They open on Saturday too.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 02:21 AM
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)
I've been going to these guys for years! They're the best!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
||

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode